It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GEGL Glass Text (Gimp Plugin)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:54 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I made a new Gimp plugin that transforms plain text into Glass Text. It works instantly, but it has a special hard light slider that will then require the hard light blend mode in Gimp (not GEGL), but without moving the hardlight slider, Which is its default) it will work normal.

Download plugin here
https://github.com/LinuxBeaver/Glass_Te ... /GlassText

Image Previews

Attachment:
glass_final.png
glass_final.png [ 409.53 KiB | Viewed 3897 times ]

Attachment:
2023-09-30_21-422.png
2023-09-30_21-422.png [ 1.11 MiB | Viewed 3897 times ]

LOCATION TO PUT BINARIES

Windows

C:\Users\(USERNAME)\AppData\Local\gegl-0.4\plug-ins

Linux

/home/(USERNAME)/.local/share/gegl-0.4/plug-ins

Linux (Flatpak includes Chromebook)
/home/(USERNAME)/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/data/gegl-0.4/plug-ins

Code
Save for "source_code_of_glass_text" on Github. You will find the source code of glass text, glossy balloon, metallic and edge smoother.

Fun Facts about the plugin, this plugin ships with Glossy Balloon, Metallic and threshold alpha 2 and requires then to work. If you already have these binaries. OVERWRITE ALL OF THEM
Attachment:
depend.png
depend.png [ 499.75 KiB | Viewed 3897 times ]

2. fun fact, this plugin originally would have only worked with Gimp's hard light blend mode but then I learned that I can mimick the hard light blend mode by erasing certain gray colors; which I did with an internal GEGL color to alpha.

I'd be more then happy if users showed off the plugin in action or projects they made with it. Enjoy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati