It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Generate Spheres and eggs with GEGL
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:52 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I have over two years of experience studying GEGL. As a result I am skilled in making GEGL plugins and now can make plugins that are based on extremely complex GEGL Graphs such as this sphere generator. An Advance GEGL Plugin that generates spheres. Under the hood this has a ton of GEGL nodes connecting in confusing ways. I'm proud of myself for taking the time to develop this. :D

Pictures attached of plugin

Attachment:
promo.png
promo.png [ 616.05 KiB | Viewed 624 times ]

Attachment:
preview2.png
preview2.png [ 173.87 KiB | Viewed 624 times ]

Attachment:
preview_3.png
preview_3.png [ 233.75 KiB | Viewed 624 times ]

NOTE, THIS PLUGIN REQUIRES THE LATEST VERSION OF GEGL EFFECTS AND WILL BREAK THE OLD VERSION OF GEGL EFFECTS INNER GLOW IF YOU AREN'T USING THE LATEST VERSION OF GEGL EFFECTS. To be safe and not break things you can download GEGL Inner Glow's binary here by updating GEGL Effects by grabbing these zip files.
https://github.com/LinuxBeaver/GEGL-Effects---Layer-Effects-in-Gimp-using-GEGL/releases

Windows_Binaries_GEGL_Effects__CE_June_10th_2023_stable.zip or
Linux_Binaries_GEGL_Effects__CE_June_10th_2023_stable.zip

OVERWRITE ALL OLD GEGL EFFECTS BINARIES AND ALL THE NEW ONES.

AFTER UPDATING YOU SHOULD HAVE LB:INNER GLOW, and LB:BEVEL

Next you need to download the normal binary for sphere which is here
https://github.com/LinuxBeaver/GEGL-Spheres---Render-Spheres-in-Gimp/releases

Directory to Put Binaries (they don't work in Gimp's normal plugin directory.

Windows

C:\Users\(USERNAME)\AppData\Local\gegl-0.4\plug-ins

Linux
/home/(USERNAME)/.local/share/gegl-0.4/plug-ins

Linux (Flatpak includes Chromebook)
/home/(USERNAME)/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/data/gegl-0.4/plug-ins

--
GEGL Sphere has three modes, sphere, which contains sphere settings lighting and image file overlay. Inner Glow, that contains Inner Glow settings and Shadow that is Gimp's default drop shadow. In the first GUI Part "sphere" there is an HSL Color mode that overwrites hue rotation and a separate hue rotation that only works on image file overlays. Once you get the hang of that you will understand the filter. Read the description about HSL Color and Hue rotation mode conflicting. That is the only tricky part about this plugin.

have fun and if you don't mind post screenshots of sphere and test its egg mode. Once again, I am deeply concerned about GEGL Inner Glow breaking, but if you have lb:bevel and lb:inner glow you are fine.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Generate Spheres and eggs with GEGL
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:56 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

attaching the warning about Inner Glow breaking things.
Attachment:
readme_GEGL_EFFECTS_COULD_BREAK.pdf [10.82 KiB]
Downloaded 15 times

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:14 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Really amazing what you achieve with GEGL. :coolthup

(Gimp 2.10 on Linux Mint MATE 20.1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:47 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Quote:

I agree, Beaver has done a lot for expanding Gimp. If you look at the list of GEGL operations GEGL Graph is just one of them. I suspect there is fear that stand-alone graphics apps (like GEGL) will detract from Gimp because they have to be customized to work inside Gimp.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:06 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Tas_mania wrote:
Quote:

I agree, Beaver has done a lot for expanding Gimp. If you look at the list of GEGL operations GEGL Graph is just one of them. I suspect there is fear that stand-alone graphics apps (like GEGL) will detract from Gimp because they have to be customized to work inside Gimp.

GEGL Graph is the filter that allows users to write syntax to call any other filter. It is the most generic GEGL filter of them all. The command line entry filter.

and not really anything about "detracting from Gimp" as many plugins of mine only exclusively work in Gimp.