It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Downgrading my plugins can corrupt xcf files in Gimp 2.99.18+
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:49 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

In Gimp 2.10 my GEGL plugins fully break presets if a drop down list loses a setting or if a double (1.0-5.0) is changed to an INT (1-5) The same thing happens in Gimp 2.99.18+, but if a filter is non-destructive it will corrupt an .xcf file. This is not a bug, its just the logic of GEGL.

If you use my Gimp plugins in Gimp 2.99.18+ - everything will be fine unless you downgrade a GEGL plugin with a drop down list. For example if you are using my bevel plugin from late 2023 and you downgrade to the early 2023 version, an xcf that used it as a non-destructive filter will break until you update back to the latest version. Upgrades won't break anything but downgrades will.

I have no interest in breaking plugin presets of mine in my main branch, but I may release a seperate branch of my plugins that break presets and make sure the user is informed with a warning. No one accept people who intentionally downgrade my plugins need to worry about this.

Last edited by contrast_ on Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Downgrading my plugins can corrupt xcf files in Gimp 2.99.18+
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:49 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

If it breaks presets in Gimp 2.10, it will corrupt an .xcf file and break presets in 2.99.18+