It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TESTER NEEDED - Test "mixed" GEGL plugins on Gimp 2.99.18 Windows 10
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:21 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

PLEASE MAKE A BACK UP OF THE CURRENT GEGL PLUGINS YOU HAVE BEFORE DOING THIS.

This post only applies to Windows 10 users using Gimp 2.99.18+ who want to test for me, as Gimp 2.99.18 does not work on my Windows 7 virtual box. The goal is to test GEGL plugins binaries compiled against both GEGL-0.4.38 (2022) and GEGL=0.4.49 (2024) - All you have to do is
download the zip that contains the mixed plugins. I already mixed them correctly.

Download containing GEGL 4.38, and 4.49 mixed binaries that depend on one another.

Plugins go in
C:\Users\(USERNAME)\AppData\Local\gegl-0.4\plug-ins

if you already have my plugins there put them somewhere else outside of "gegl-0.4" before dumping these mixed ones.
then restart Gimp and go to GEGL operation and test them. Once setup please test the following plugins -

1. GEGL Effects continual
2. Text style collection
3. Sharp Bevel
4. Glossy balloon

and perhaps a few more for good measure. If you get FATAL ERROR tell me and if it works tell me. Please only test on 2.99.18 or 2.99.19+

Last edited by contrast_ on Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: TESTER NEEDED - Test "mixed" GEGL plugins on Gimp 2.99.18 Windows
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:43 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

My Github as of today is in a quagmire with the new GEGL version and old GEGL version plugins mixed together. Both plugins are up to date but they were compiled against different versions of GEGL. This may pose no risk at all or it could be a huge risk to Windows users. Based on my own analytical logic it should not cause any issue because Gimp 2.99.19 on Linux uses plugins compiled with GEGL 4.30 and GEGL 4.49 together just fine, but Windows may present a different outcome.

I cannot move forward until testing is done.

Post subject: Re: TESTER NEEDED - Test "mixed" GEGL plugins on Gimp 2.99.18 Windows
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:20 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Hi contrast_
I can only serve with a win11 Virtualbox.
Did a test on Text Style Collection.
It issued an error at the beginning, but worked fine nevertheless.
I tried to make a little video of it working, didn't work as I wanted, but good enough to see the action.
Get the package from here
Maybe some more testing this evening.

(Gimp 2.10 on Linux Mint MATE 20.1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:48 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

(POST RETRACTED)

Last edited by contrast_ on Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:52 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

if you get this error its ok. That is my failure to swap name spaces correctly. Which needs to be fixed of course

Attachment:
tolerant_error.png
tolerant_error.png [ 18 KiB | Viewed 269 times ]

but if you get a FATAL ERROR then that is a serious problem.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:19 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

nelo wrote:
Hi contrast_
I can only serve with a win11 Virtualbox.
Did a test on Text Style Collection.
It issued an error at the beginning, but worked fine nevertheless.
I tried to make a little video of it working, didn't work as I wanted, but good enough to see the action.
Get the package from here
Maybe some more testing this evening.

I just opened the zip file and it looks like everything is fine. The lb:ssg error is expected and will be fixable soon.