It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to access Image-Color Management - Discard profile with python_fu?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:47 am  (#1) 

Bonjour all!
For publishing a jpg on the web and to avoid banding and artefacts, I found out to discard the color profile before saving to jpg.

How do I instruct python_fu to access that menu? Or is there a workaround in python to set a color profile?

TIA

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: How to access Image-Color Management - Discard profile with python
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:46 am  (#2) 
Script Coder

nbeaudet wrote:
Bonjour all!
For publishing a jpg on the web and to avoid banding and artefacts, I found out to discard the color profile before saving to jpg.

How do I instruct python_fu to access that menu? Or is there a workaround in python to set a color profile?

TIA

No way I know of. But you should probably convert the images to sRGB before processing them.

Post subject: Re: How to access Image-Color Management - Discard profile with python
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:11 am  (#3) 

Hello again!

I am attempting to describe my steps in this reply. All I get is Your post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove off-site URLs

How do I go around this warning?

TIA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:05 am  (#4) 
Script Coder

You can upload images to this very site. If you can't because you are a new user, then you can go to another forum where new users can post images, and where essentially the same people answer the questions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:53 am  (#5) 

Hello all!

Problem of artefact and banding in saved JPG : SOLVED!

Setting 'Edit>Preferences>Image Import & Export' and unchecking 'Export the image's color profile by default'

:tyspin