It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Installing Scripts on Mac OS 10.6.8 and 10.7
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:25 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

/Users/your home folder/Library/Application Support/Gimp/scripts

just follow this path...open your hard drive, (users)go to your home folder, (usually the name of your hard drive), Library, Application Support, Gimp, Scripts, then add it to the scripts folder..

Same thing applies for plug ins and python plug ins (use plug in folder instead of scripts), and brushes (use brushes folder) and gradients, (use gradients folder) etc.

For some things ie GMIC you need to show Gimp where to find them so get back to me on that although there are a couple of tutorials re those in this forum as well.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Installing Scripts on Mac OS 10.6.8 and 10.7
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:23 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

I install via the graphical interface way. I click on the finder icon, then the home icon shows my user name, so I click on that, then click on library, then application support, finally gimp and click on the little pointer to bring up all the gimp folders...scroll down to scripts. Then when i download a script, I can just click on the magnifying glass next to the downloaded script name and when the window pops up the script is highlighted in wherever it was downloaded. All I have to do is drag and drop the downloaded script file into the script folder that is in the finder window. This sounds complicated when you write it out, but it's really easy when you can see what you are doing graphically rather than having to write it down as a path.

Post subject: Re: Installing Scripts on Mac OS 10.6.8 and 10.7
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:27 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

same thing really just a different approach..I wasnt suggesting they write down the path...just showing them the path so they can find it in the same manner