It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:44 am

Latest GIMP Scripts & Plug-ins

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Script/plug-in request for Christmas ornaments
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:22 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I would like to see the ornament portion of Photomaster's tutorial to be incorporated into a script or plug-in. I'm still too raw to undertake such a project on my own. I created my own toppers (the metal portion) as a brush, so I really don't need that as part of the script/plug-in. Photomaster's tutorial link is below, if anyone is interested in giving it a shot. Thank you in advance.

http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=426&start=0

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati

Post subject: Re: Script/plug-in request for Christmas ornaments
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:27 pm  (#2) 
Global Moderator

that would cut down on a lot of the mathmap steps. I did the same thing as you. I made one and I use it for a brush.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:36 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Yes, I made several angles of toppers, with different lighting. The problem I am facing currently, and the reason I am requesting a script/plug-in, is because I make one image and post it, and then the whole family wants one. I have too many requests and not as much time. A script would help me breeze through this. Fingers crossed!

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:46 pm  (#4) 
Global Moderator

I will cross mine too... not that we are short of very bright talented scriptwriters here.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:02 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

I wish there was somebody here that would take me under their wing and teach me this stuff one on one. I'd be scripting my butt off, seriously!

:geek

I have a degree in computer science (that's what they called it back in the 80's) was going to be a COBOL programmer, so logic, flow and exception processing aren't a problem. I just don't know the script-fu language. :(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:13 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

I'd be better at it if I could concentrate on just doing that, unfortunately I only have time to dabble, and by the time I get back to it, I have to train my brain all over again. No excuse, just the way it works out for me. :)

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:23 pm  (#7) 
Script Coder

MrBiggz wrote:
I wish there was somebody here that would take me under their wing and teach me this stuff one on one. I'd be scripting my butt off, seriously!

I have a degree in computer science (that's what they called it back in the 80's) was going to be a COBOL programmer, so logic, flow and exception processing aren't a problem. I just don't know the script-fu language. :(

I learned lisp in the 80's.

Script-fu is really scheme so if you know programming, get this: http://www.gnu.org/s/mit-scheme/documen ... me-ref.pdf in one hand, and open the pdf reference in the other, and read through a few scripts (using a good syntax highlighting editor)..... That's how I figured it out!

-Rob A>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:39 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

RobA wrote:
MrBiggz wrote:

I learned lisp in the 80's.

Script-fu is really scheme so if you know programming, get this: http://www.gnu.org/s/mit-scheme/documen ... me-ref.pdf in one hand, and open the pdf reference in the other, and read through a few scripts (using a good syntax highlighting editor)..... That's how I figured it out!

-Rob A>

Rob,

Ok the book but what's this PDF reference you speak of? I use Notepad++ as my editor. I'm willing to take a swing at it!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:47 pm  (#9) 
Script Coder

MrBiggz wrote:

That sounds like a challenge to me.

Here's the script-fu resources thread right here on GimpChat: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=724
In which RobA (a notable Script-Fu Guru) pointed to the official Script-fu Tutorial: http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-using-scri ... orial.html

So your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to have a read, try something, and start a thread to ask your questions in.

Kevin

:ninja and you Ninja'd me with your reply to RobA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:59 pm  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

RobA wrote:

-Rob A>

That's exactly how I learned Script-fu. Notepad++ is a good editor to use.