It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bilinear Blend - Is it Possible Outside of IWarp?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:24 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I am intrigued by the way that I can simulate a Bilinear Blend using the Iwarp filter. Using Iwarp along with the animate function of I Warp, seemingly blends the original shape of the object I am filtering to the object that I manipulated into being with the various Iwarp functions such as Grow, Shrink, Swirl etc. and results in layers of shapes from one shape to the other. I have found that if I use Iwarp on a layer that I had previously set a lower opacity too, that the Iwarp will create consecutive layers on top of each other that are also transparent thus creating what looks to be a blend when all stacked up.

Here is an example of what I am trying to explain, this was created using Iwarp and Animate inside of Iwarp:

Notice how the blend goes from the outer shape to the inner shape in a Bilinear way.

I am wondering if there is any other scripts or filters available that can achieve this same effect? You see the Iwarp filter works good except that I am limited to the drawing capabilities of the Iwarp filter itself. I sure wish there was another filter that would utilize two separate layers to blend in this way, instead of having to do the built-in Move, Shrink and Grow funcitons of the Iwarp filter itself. I could have a much more precise blend if I could draw the shapes to be blended outside of the Iwarp filter dialog box.

Does anybody know of such a Script or Filter?

Alan

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Bilinear Blend - Is it Possible Outside of IWarp?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:38 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Yes there is a script for this by Rob A i believe.
You can PM him for the link. :)

Post subject: Re: Bilinear Blend - Is it Possible Outside of IWarp?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:52 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

OK thanks Rod. I have PMed him. If he has any blending scripts that would be cool.

Alan