It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New: Gimp-2.8.0-RC1 xcf - gz/bzip2
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:28 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Gimp: 2.8.0-RC1 (32bit)

Hi.

There's a problem with Gimp-2.8.0 RC1 opening/saving xcf.gz and xcf.bz2 files

It is a problem with the plug-in "file-compressor", which registers the extensions xcfgz, xcf.gz, xcfbz2, xcf.bz2 to gimp.
I got the bzip2 stuff to work.
It works. For xcfgz, xcf.gz, xcfbz2 and xcf.bz2

libz-1.dll to bin
bzip2.dll to bin
file-compressor to lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins

Hatti

Attachments:
file-compressor.zip [108.54 KiB]
Downloaded 165 times
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: New: Gimp-2.8.0-RC1 xcf - gz/bzip2
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:34 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

I just tried my current Windows build of 2.8 Onkel and had no issue with compressed GIMP (both saving and opening). Wondering if you are on Linux and it is a Linux issue? :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:58 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

No, I'm on windows, too.
But I had some troubles with the bz2 library, and only, if both libraries (libz and libbz2) are present,
the file-compressor plugin is compiled. And this plugin registers the compressed extensions.
And with this plugin I no longer need minigzip.exe and bzip2.exe in bin directory.
Somewhere in internet I read that some other people have the same problem, so I decided
to announce this plugin here. But there is no reported bug in bugzilla, so maybe
there is no problem for others. Just ignore it :-)

Hatti

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:04 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Hatti,
Thank you for this. I have been having this problem with Partha's 2.7.6 (I can't get RC1 to even start). I transferred your files, but on running, I received a error that the filecompressor program was looking for libbz2-2.dll. I was able to find this dll in PC's 2.7.5 version (in the gap directory)and copied it to the bin directory. Works great!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:34 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

bilbo9955 wrote:
Hatti,
Thank you for this. I have been having this problem with Partha's 2.7.6 (I can't get RC1 to even start). I transferred your files, but on running, I received a error that the filecompressor program was looking for libbz2-2.dll. I was able to find this dll in PC's 2.7.5 version (in the gap directory)and copied it to the bin directory. Works great!

Yes, one reason for not releasing RC1 (even with git-master from yesterday) is crash and burn. You may not see it if I release it, but my tests show crashes. So, unless there is a fix or I figure out what the problem is, I will not be releasing my builds. :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:59 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

I am going to stick with Gimp-2.6.12, Parthas version of Gimp-2.7.6 Portable, and RGGJAN Portable 2.7.3. for when i need the foreground tool.
They all work flawlessly for me.RC1 kept throwing libintl-8.dll errors and wouldn't even start anymore.
Strange because it was all working fine then poof. So i uninstalled it again. :\