It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Trouble with - The BIMP plugin
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:57 am  (#21) 
GimpChat Member

Do you mean is the 72 pt the max font size? I hinted at that earlier. 72 pt gets lost in a large image, my current camera is 16 Mpix & has a 4600x3400 image size.

You can enter the font size manually. I tested up to 300 pt and it works. Just play around with it.
Usually it would be imagemagick for this but not a bad alternative for the batch-file averse.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:54 pm  (#22) 

Yes. I meant the 72 pt. max size of the text for the watermark. 72pt. is rather small for large images. I will try manually entering a larger point size. Thanks for the suggestion.

NJTrout

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:49 pm  (#23) 
GimpChat Member

So no one else is having an issue with selecting image extensions other than me?
I find that hard to believe. :lol

I can open image extensions fine with Davids Batch script or any other GTK program.
This is weird.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:43 am  (#24) 
GimpChat Member

Rod wrote:
So no one else is having an issue with selecting image extensions other than me?

I can open image extensions fine with Davids Batch script or any other GTK program.
This is weird.

It's probably because my plugin uses a newer version of the Gtk File selector that isn't conpatible with the theme you posted before. Try to go back to the original theme and retry (try also to check for an updated release of that black theme).

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:16 am  (#25) 
GimpChat Member

afrancesconi wrote:
Rod wrote:

This is weird.

It's probably because my plugin uses a newer version of the Gtk File selector that isn't conpatible with the theme you posted before. Try to go back to the original theme and retry (try also to check for an updated release of that black theme).

Thanks i will give that a try. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:59 pm  (#26) 
GimpChat Member

A new version has been uploaded: http://www.alessandrofrancesconi.it/projects/bimp/

Version 0.5:
- Rewritten the "Other GIMP procedure..." dialog and made some stability fixes
- More format customizations in "Change Format and Quality"
- Fixed a bug that didn't permit to save images in TGA format
- Few graphical fixes around

It would be great if someone could test the Windows version, in particular the new "Other GIMP Procedure" dialog

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:02 pm  (#27) 

I installed Bimp 1.18 and when I open Gimp i get the message "Code execution cannot proceed because intl.dll was not found." In the Bin folder I downloaded there is only a pcr3.dll (the only .dll I could find). I tried reinstalling to no avail. Any fix? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:12 pm  (#28) 
GimpChat Member

Wow 2012 resurrection ;)

You need to give more details about version of Gimp.

If using Gimp 2.8.x then there should not be any error. intl.dll is included in the Gimp 2.8 installation.

If using Gimp 2.10.0 from gimp.org or the Partha version. The problem then is, BIMP is a 32 bit plugin, Gimp 2.10 has no 32 bit support.

What can you do?

Wait for Fransconi to compile a 64 bit version. I understand that might becoming sometime.

Use the 32 bit version of Gimp 2.10 from samj. Look in the forum for download links.

Now the problem with the BIMP installer. I hate these installers that load files into C:\Program Files\Gimp 2\bin..etc with no options...so...

The 3 files, bimp.exe libpcre-1.dll intl.dll + folder bimp-locales attached.

These go in the samj installation ..\32bit\Preferences\plug-ins

No extensive test but seems to work, screenshot:

Attachments:
bimp-files.zip [351.37 KiB]
Downloaded 148 times

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:26 pm  (#29) 

Hey guys. I am also trying to use noise reduction and colour temperature in the batch manipulation plug in, but they're not showing up unfortunately.
Anyone know why this might be?
Thanks,
Aaron

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:54 am  (#30) 
GimpChat Member

A note to anyone else that comes across this thread.

Both Gimp and the plugin BIMP have changed a lot since the previous 2018 posts. BIMP2 no longer uses libpcre, those old files not required.

Quote:
I am also trying to use noise reduction and colour temperature in the batch manipulation plug in, but they're not showing up unfortunately.
Anyone know why this might be?

For Gimp 2.10.20 (and some earlier 2.10 versions). Both noise reduction and colour temperature are GEGL operations, not scripts or plugins, and do not show up in the pdb, hence not in BIMP as 'other gimp procedure'

You need to find equivalents that are plugins and add to Gimp, old ones such as the Gimp 2.8 despeckle plugin, or a better bet, the gmic plugin see: http://www.gmic.eu

Gmic has both noise reduction and colour temperature but not exactly equivalent to GEGL but suitable.
The way it works. Set gmic to save output to a log file, copy from the log to the BIMP gmic 'other gimp procedure' Example:

Attachment:
gmic.jpg
gmic.jpg [ 163.42 KiB | Viewed 2049 times ]

Then add another for the colour temp.