GIMP 2.8 Python Plug-in.
Copy and move the selected area to a new layer in the same position.
This function is similar to the functions with the same names in Photoshop, and more powerful. Unlike them, it can copy/cut content, not just from one layer, but also from the layer groups.
In Photoshop, this is not possible Installation:
1. Close GIMP if it is open.
2. Extract "layer-via-copy-cut.py" from zip archive to the ".../.gimp-2.x/plug-ins" directory.
3. Run GIMP. The script should appear under the menu: "Layer > Layer via Copy" and "Layer > Layer via Cut". Don't forget to make the plugin executable.Download:
Download from my deviantart page:slybug.deviantart.com
Tested with GIMP 2.8.
I hope this plug-in will be useful for someone else.Version History:
- Added automatic cache cleanup.
- Fixed bug with non-rectangular selection.
- The new layer/group is created above the original, and not at the top of the stack.
- Some code improvements.
- Initial release.My other plugins:Create Layer Mask from...Duplicate to another ImageScale Layer to Image Size