It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Logo Toolbox V2.3 (Bug Fix + More Feature Updates)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:27 pm  (#261) 
GimpChat Founder

Prowler_ wrote:
here's my results so far :)

Looks cool, Prowler. Really like lots of color. :bigthup

Post subject: Re: Logo Toolbox V2.3
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:11 pm  (#262) 
GimpChat Member

I don't see the option "To Keep Selection" listed and I have the latest version.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:40 pm  (#263) 
GimpChat Founder

Hi mackenzieh,

The "Keep Selection" option is only applicable when using the script from Filters/Alpha to Logo menu. There was no need to include a keep selection option when using the script from the Create menu. The option is only included in latest version V2.3. The screenshots of the dialogs might not be current.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:51 pm  (#264) 
GimpChat Member

GnuTux wrote:
Hi mackenzieh,

The "Keep Selection" option is only applicable when using the script from Filters/Alpha to Logo menu. There was no need to include a keep selection option when using the script from the Create menu. The option is only included in latest version V2.3. The screenshots of the dialogs might not be current.

Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:02 pm  (#265) 
GimpChat Member

a little something else i came up with today using the logo toolbox. snagged the castle from google search. any deep purple / rainbow fans here? enjoy! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:22 pm  (#266) 
GimpChat Founder

Looks cool, Prowler. I'm a Purple, Rainbow & a Dio fan. Was sad to lose Dio to stomach cancer. I saw him live several times and he put on a great show.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:08 pm  (#267) 
GimpChat Member

Hi, I tried to download this script ( http://gimpscripts.com/2013/05/logo-toolbox/ ), but the provided link gives this result: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN :(
Does anyone know if this script works on Gimp 2.10?
Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:34 pm  (#268) 
GimpChat Member

Uploaded for you.
I switched back to 2.8 before some of the bugs will be fixed, don't know if it works as is.
The menu entry is edited, it's under "Logos".

Attachments:
logo-toolbox.scm [50.84 KiB]
Downloaded 138 times
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:40 pm  (#269) 
GimpChat Member

:tyspin :bigthup Nidhogg, I downloaded your link, thank you !!

But ... unfortunately this script did not work on my Gimp 2.10.1. Reports two error windows, and does not work correctly. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:45 pm  (#270) 
GimpChat Member

I guess you need the scrolling interface, which I do not have.
Maybe Wallace can help you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:58 am  (#271) 
GimpChat Member

Rel 2.4. (not 2.24 :oops: )
Minimum standard: procedures adapted to Gimp-2.10, for File/Create/Logos: added text direction, for Filters/Alpha To Logo: creates a new image from the selected layer.

Remember that the Script-Fu version of the scrolling interface should be compatible with the Gimp version.

Edit: Unfortunately - for the script to work properly, you need two more plugins from post # 283:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7237&start=280#p255566

edit: attachment removed because there is a newer version available

Slava
Ukraini!

Last edited by MareroQ on Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:15 am  (#272) 
Global Moderator

Thank you MareroQ. pinched, put them in my scripts and have tried a couple. - they work :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:35 am  (#273) 
GimpChat Member

Where do I put the script-fu scrolling interface file for the logo tool box in order for it to work? I have another script-fu file in order for plugins to work. I was previously using AltWindowDrag.

I added the script fu file, loaded gimp, opened the logo tool box and I don't see the scrollbar:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:45 am  (#274) 
GimpChat Member

Hi Mackenzieh.

Two options:

1. The easiest way:
Delete file: User/macke/AppData/Roaming/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/script-fu.exe
Zip the file: ProgramFiles/GIMP 2/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/script-fu/script-fu.exe and replace script-fu.exe with the newly downloaded one here.

2. Safe When Upgrading Gimp:
Zip the catalog: ProgramFiles/GIMP 2/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/script-fu and delete catalog script-fu
Replace: User/macke/AppData/Roaming/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/script-fu.exe newly downloaded.

Slava
Ukraini!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:04 pm  (#275) 
GimpChat Member

Hi Sallyanne.

GnuTux created a very complex script (merged many Logo scripts into one).
It is very difficult to remember the interesting effect obtained - and it is impossible to test all variants.
I complicated LogoToolBox even more (by adding new options) - but if there are any errors, when I get a full settings dump and an error message I can try to fix it.

Slava
Ukraini!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:05 pm  (#276) 
GimpChat Member

Attachment:
LogoToolbox.png
LogoToolbox.png [ 413.37 KiB | Viewed 3930 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:25 pm  (#277) 
GimpChat Member

MareroQ wrote:
Hi Mackenzieh.

Two options:

1. The easiest way:
Delete file: User/macke/AppData/Roaming/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/script-fu.exe
Zip the file: ProgramFiles/GIMP 2/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/script-fu/script-fu.exe and replace script-fu.exe with the newly downloaded one here.

2. Safe When Upgrading Gimp:
Zip the catalog: ProgramFiles/GIMP 2/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/script-fu and delete catalog script-fu
Replace: User/macke/AppData/Roaming/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/script-fu.exe newly downloaded.

I figured it out. All I had to do was rename the script-fu.exe file I had to script-fu.exe.old and place the new script fu file in the folder. It now works.

Last edited by mackenzieh on Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:09 pm  (#278) 
GimpChat Member

Hi MareroQ,

The Logo Toolbox works well on my Gimp 2.10.12 Samj's portable. But it has errors when I try to use it with version 2.10.21.

So I updated with the versions made available in post # 271, but although there are no errors in my version 2.10.21 the scrolling interface does not work.

I tested it with version 2.10.12, and ok, it works.

Somehow Script-Fu Scrolling Interface V1.1 For GIMP 2.10.20 Win10_64bit.zip does not seem to be compatible with version 2.10.21.

Below screenshots using version 2.10.12 (ok) vs 2.10.21 (without scrollbar)
Attachment:
STB2.png
STB2.png [ 47.42 KiB | Viewed 3900 times ]
Attachment:
STB.png
STB.png [ 51.63 KiB | Viewed 3900 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:37 pm  (#279) 
GimpChat Member

@Nidhogg.
Thank you for testing and a very nice example.

@Mackenzieh
Glad you solved the problem - please read the notes below carefully though:

Hi Krikor.

I tested script-fu.exe with a scrollbar with Samj Gimp-2.10.21_64bit version as well and it works fine.
Please make sure you don't have two versions installed? (because first of all there is a bad legend connected with that that the scroll bar causes problems).
Renaming alone may not be enough - it depends if script-fu.exe is in an additional script-fu subdirectory (when the file and directory names are different, the plugin stops working - but Gimp tries to load it anyway - so it's better to remove it after creating a zip copy).
If there are two different versions of a file (unnecessary hassle) the version in the "home" directory is always more important (in the Samj version it is "preferences / plug-ins").
I've also read about the Gimp debugging issue (which creates extra ".debug" subdirectories, this unnecessary workload for the computer - and the regular user never uses this - so it was a type 2 suggestion for Mackenzieh to remove it after ziping it) - however the Samj version doesn't include debug.
If you don't have two versions of script-fu 100% - I can not help and but I will start to believe that that this bar is just a problem (although I've been using the scroll bar for 6 years - without any problem...)

Slava
Ukraini!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:29 pm  (#280) 
GimpChat Member

MareroQ wrote:

Hi Krikor.

I tested script-fu.exe with a scrollbar with Samj Gimp-2.10.21_64bit version as well and it works fine.
Please make sure you don't have two versions installed? (because first of all there is a bad legend connected with that that the scroll bar causes problems).
Renaming alone may not be enough - it depends if script-fu.exe is in an additional script-fu subdirectory (when the file and directory names are different, the plugin stops working - but Gimp tries to load it anyway - so it's better to remove it after creating a zip copy).
If there are two different versions of a file (unnecessary hassle) the version in the "home" directory is always more important (in the Samj version it is "preferences / plug-ins").
I've also read about the Gimp debugging issue (which creates extra ".debug" subdirectories, this unnecessary workload for the computer - and the regular user never uses this - so it was a type 2 suggestion for Mackenzieh to remove it after ziping it) - however the Samj version doesn't include debug.
If you don't have two versions of script-fu 100% - I can not help and but I will start to believe that that this bar is just a problem (although I've been using the scroll bar for 6 years - without any problem...)

MareroQ you are right! Your deduction was correct.

I checked for the duplicity of the plugin, and in fact in the folder I usually add my plugins there was nothing wrong. However, I found a duplicate of script-fu.exe in the folder lib \ gimp \ 2.0 \ plug-ins \ script-fu.

Now the problem has been solved.
Thank you very much for your attention and solving my problem.

Attachments:
Thx.png
Thx.png [ 77.56 KiB | Viewed 3834 times ]
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next