It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Animated Fire - New Update
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:20 pm  (#1) 
Script Coder

12/14/2013 - Added a new version (Animated Fire Lite) which will hopefully give users with smaller screen resolutions the ability to use the script without any problems. Almost all of the features are there, they've simply been consolidated with other options. While I'm not sure you would want to, but both scripts can be installed on GIMP without creating conflicts. Once added to your scripts folder, you'll find the scripts here:

Filters > Animation > Animated Fire...
Filters > Animation > Animated Fire Lite...

If you already have my animated fire script and like it the way it is, there's no reason to download this version. However, I updated the script to include a GIMPressionist setting that I have only had on my version.

The previous script, would let you add several default GIMPressionist presets and these 3 of my own making:

Equalizer

Equalizer 2

Mosaic

FP's-Bubbles

For these settings to work properly, there are some additions you need to add to GIMP (included in the zip file):

4 presets need to be added here: C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\gimpressionist\Presets
1 brush here: C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\gimpressionist\Brushes
Script goes here: C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\scripts

Refresh your scripts and enjoy. Make sure you use wisely! LOL

Download From GIMP Scripts

I'd rate you as an upper-middle-lower-mod with pro-novice-inter tendencies.....and a twist of lime! Of course, my rating scale is completely objectively subjective, but ALWAYS consistently inconsistent.

Last edited by fencepost on Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Animated Fire - New Update
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:05 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

:coolthup

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:23 pm  (#3) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
Pretty cool! That one with the bubbles looks interesting, as do the rest of them.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:42 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Thanks Fencepost. I am still playing with all the other great scripts you gave us earlier. :) These are excellent to say the least. I can't wait to delve into your scripting 101 lessons. Thanks for those also.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:09 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

The script window is larger than my monitor. I can not access the alternatives that are on the bottom. What can I do?

Attachments:
Animated fire window.png
Animated fire window.png [ 21.92 KiB | Viewed 9068 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:54 pm  (#6) 
Script Coder

Hi, Carlos. Sorry about that. There's a couple of fixes and I'll help you out in whatever way you decide. The first, and easiest, is to change the resolution of your monitor. However, your graphics card may not be capable of doing that or maybe you don't want to, which I completely understand. If that's you can live with, give it a try.

The second is eliminate some of the script options. Many times I create a script specifically to do something for me and I share it as an after thought. This is one of those cases. Unfortunately, unless scripting has changed since I've been away, you can't place the options in a specific location. The options simply go from top-to-bottom. If there are options you can live without, let me know and I'll remove them for you to fit your screen. I can either put the options in a separate script, which I probably should have done in the first place, or you could always download the fullblown script at a later time when you get a different monitor.

Either way, let me know and I'll try to help you out.

Art

I'd rate you as an upper-middle-lower-mod with pro-novice-inter tendencies.....and a twist of lime! Of course, my rating scale is completely objectively subjective, but ALWAYS consistently inconsistent.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:18 pm  (#7) 
Global Moderator

There is a way to do this and I can't remember what it was. I thought you had to right click at the top then use the shift and move tool to get to the bottom, but it doesn't seem to work for me anymore,
Could be because I am using Linux and not windows but I don't think that would be the case. I know I did it every time I made snow and it was often, including my sig.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:36 pm  (#8) 
Script Coder

Molly with the screen size on Laptops there seems to be no solution except to limit options ,I had to do this for my PC as below↓
to get this result

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:04 pm  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

Don't forget you can move the dialog around on the windows screen also by right clicking the top bar of the dialog.Then use the up down arrow keys to see more. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:12 pm  (#10) 
Script Coder

Well that's great news! I was completely unaware of those options. Thanks for the help. Carlos, will any of those solutions work?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:30 pm  (#11) 
Script Coder

my menu was already at the top and wont go any further up
top of laptop sreen
bottom of screen
I cain't push it no further captin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:39 pm  (#12) 
Script Coder

I apologize that I crammed so much stuff into one script. I never realized it would create a problem. Like I told Carlos, I have no problem splitting the script up in separate ones so it can work without the hassle. For example, the "Move active layer with flames" uses the displacement filter. I don't have a "displace all layers" script and if there is one out there, I'll make it because it's one I personally want. Do people use the cartooning option? What about the upper/lower flame blend modes? Just let me know and I'll do my best to fix it.

Last edited by fencepost on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:48 pm  (#13) 
Retired Staff

In Fedora Linux I can hold down the Alt key and drag the dialog screen around, and I can reach the buttons at the bottom.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:05 pm  (#14) 
Script Coder

I set decreased the amount of settings as below↓

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:10 pm  (#15) 
Script Coder

That's a good way to do it! Save a bunch of real estate. I'm really thinking about pulling the cartoonize and possibly the GIMPressionist options. Those could easily be separated into individual scripts.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:14 pm  (#16) 
Script Coder

'O' I can move the menu but not above the top of my screen in Windows, unless there is a setting in it somewhere to allow this
I'm just not smart enough to find it

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:19 pm  (#17) 
Script Coder

Fencepost gimp won't allow us to run another script interactively which is a 'bummer'

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:22 pm  (#18) 
Script Coder

Graechan wrote:
Fencepost gimp won't allow us to run another script interactively which is a 'bummer'

Are you specifically wanting to do that with this script?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:59 pm  (#19) 
Script Coder

Fencepost I wold love to be able to do it with any script, the only solution I can see is to create a python script to do it,
but I'm not keen on selling my Saul to the Snake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:19 am  (#20) 
GimpChat Founder

I'm with Graechan on this!

One of my main pet peeves with Script-Fu is the single column, single screen UI. I can sometimes work around the issue by placing multiple options in dropdowns, but I'd really like to have multiple screens or at least, multiple columns for user input.

Use/Invert Gradient can be combined into one dropdown, as well as Impressionist and Cartoonize options. That will cut 6 options to 3. :cool

I just don't buy into the proposition some people suggest, which is; if you need that many options, you should be using another language for the plug-in/script. Phooey on that! :hehe

Btw- Thanks for the scripts & posts Fencepost! Glad to see you around. :bigthup