It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Custom Font Layers With Fixed Margins: Version 0.03 for Gimp 2.10
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:17 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Attachment:
Custom_Fonts_Layers_With_Forced_Margins_V003.zip [9.43 KiB]
Downloaded 78 times

For makers of Custom Fonts, this appears to work - on Windows at least. I am checking my other tools and updating those that need to work with unicode symbols.

Download and install to your user plug-ins folder. Create a new layer and access from Filters>>Custom Font Tools>>Custom Font Layers With Fixed Margins

This version offers more choice in the selection of which groups of characters to convert to custom font layers. It also provides options to create custom font layers from unicode characters and adds Polish accented characters to the list of non-English languages.

The script started life out as an attempt to make it easier to add kerning data to custom fonts by forcing the left and right margins to set sizes. While I was at it I thought I might as well allow the user to specify which groups of characters to create from an existing font. Since I was also in need of some stars for another little project I decided to include options to add batches of unicode character layers.

The filter dialog:
Attachment:
dialog_highlighted.jpg
dialog_highlighted.jpg [ 108.46 KiB | Viewed 2132 times ]

Highlighted in red:

The forced margin size options.
Set the ‘Font size’ option and the ‘Height of scaled font’ option to the same size to avoid scaling issues.

Highlighted in yellow:
The character group selection options.
As I said earlier, MareroQ requested that Polish accented characters be included; follow the option menu to include non-English characters.

Highlighted in orange:
The unicode character options.
Groups of unicode characters can be created by typing in a keyword for the ‘Add some unicode symbols’ options. The keywords can be viewed with the ‘Display keywords’ option.
Attachment:
keywords.jpg
keywords.jpg [ 77.26 KiB | Viewed 2132 times ]

Those who wish to use unicode characters as normal layers may want to ‘Crop unicode layers’ and set the ‘Rename unicode layers’ to ‘Yes’; the filter will then use the unicode description, where available, or apply a generic title to the layer.

"Let no one steal your dreams."
Paul Cookson

Latest plug-in update: Paragrapher v.1.4
Custom Font Links
Tools
Character Paths
White Bases

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Custom Font Layers With Fixed Margins: Version 0.03 for Gimp 2.10
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:55 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Some unicode symbol examples:
Attachment:
unicode_Runic.png
unicode_Runic.png [ 709.17 KiB | Viewed 2112 times ]

Attachment:
Unicode_Arrows.png
Unicode_Arrows.png [ 405.72 KiB | Viewed 2112 times ]

"Let no one steal your dreams."
Paul Cookson

Latest plug-in update: Paragrapher v.1.4
Custom Font Links