It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Gimp 2.8.6 Partha Build Released
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:43 am  (#21) 
GimpChat Member

Edkiefer wrote:
One thing maybe you know . I use Rawtherapee as my Raw convertor as I like all options . I using version 4.0.11.8 .
They have option to open with gimp the image and seems like I get runtime error when I set path to gimp folder . I used to have this working with 2.6 but that was on XP and older Rawtherapee version . I think problem on there side but if you do use it does it work for you ?

Edit: since I see Ulraw in your gimp installer I guess you use that, so no biggy .

I just downloaded 4.0.11.8 (64-bit version). I didn't have any issues with sending one image to Gimp from it. Admittedly not an extensive testing. :)

Have you made sure that you have specified the Gimp folder correctly? In the preference section, you will see the location of Gimp folder. Assuming you have installed Gimp at C:\Program Files\Gimp-2.8, point to this folder (not the bin folder).

Let me know if this does not work for you. I can post a video with directions otherwise.

Thanks,
Partha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:57 am  (#22) 
GimpChat Member

Partha i decided to go with the installer instead as i was having so many problems with the portable for some reason. The installer worked fine. It just wasn't compatible with my resynth plugin. (old one i believe). I have the new one installed though so all is ok there.
So it is working for me now in Windows 32 bit Vista.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:07 am  (#23) 
GimpChat Member

partha wrote:
Edkiefer wrote:
One thing maybe you know . I use Rawtherapee as my Raw convertor as I like all options . I using version 4.0.11.8 .
They have option to open with gimp the image and seems like I get runtime error when I set path to gimp folder . I used to have this working with 2.6 but that was on XP and older Rawtherapee version . I think problem on there side but if you do use it does it work for you ?

Edit: since I see Ulraw in your gimp installer I guess you use that, so no biggy .

I just downloaded 4.0.11.8 (64-bit version). I didn't have any issues with sending one image to Gimp from it. Admittedly not an extensive testing. :)

Have you made sure that you have specified the Gimp folder correctly? In the preference section, you will see the location of Gimp folder. Assuming you have installed Gimp at C:\Program Files\Gimp-2.8, point to this folder (not the bin folder).

Let me know if this does not work for you. I can post a video with directions otherwise.

Thanks,
Partha

yes , I have gimp-2.8 folder shown and when it send a image to gimp .
I see a progress bar in RT in upper right corner but then I get MS visual C++ runtime library error that shows " this app has requested the runtime to terminate in a unusual way . please contact app support for more information "
this was simple jpg image .
Edit: event viewer posts this info

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 7/13/2013 11:25:55 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Ed-PC
Description:
Faulting application name: rawtherapee.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x51bdd03a
Faulting module name: libglibmm-2.4-1.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4cd9ca7a
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x000000000004c256
Faulting process id: 0x152c
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce7fdcfade578b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\RawTherapeeV40\rawtherapee.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\RawTherapeeV40\libglibmm-2.4-1.dll
Report Id: 826b9e32-ebd0-11e2-85d1-3085a93ca09b
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-07-13T15:25:55.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>18282</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Ed-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>rawtherapee.exe</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>51bdd03a</Data>
<Data>libglibmm-2.4-1.dll</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>4cd9ca7a</Data>
<Data>40000015</Data>
<Data>000000000004c256</Data>
<Data>152c</Data>
<Data>01ce7fdcfade578b</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\RawTherapeeV40\rawtherapee.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\RawTherapeeV40\libglibmm-2.4-1.dll</Data>
<Data>826b9e32-ebd0-11e2-85d1-3085a93ca09b</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

I am assuming ones that compile might have different files than me, maybe ?
Again I am pointing to the gimp-2.8 , not the bin folder , cause if I do I get path not right . So my path seems good, it just getting error for some reason .

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:09 pm  (#24) 
GimpChat Member

Rod wrote:
Partha i decided to go with the installer instead as i was having so many problems with the portable for some reason. The installer worked fine. It just wasn't compatible with my resynth plugin. (old one i believe). I have the new one installed though so all is ok there.
So it is working for me now in Windows 32 bit Vista.

Thanks.

Thanks for testing Rod! Totally appreciate it.

I will investigate the problems with the portable version. In the meantime, Sylvie has created a portable from my version. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:13 pm  (#25) 
GimpChat Member

Edkiefer wrote:
Again I am pointing to the gimp-2.8 , not the bin folder , cause if I do I get path not right . So my path seems good, it just getting error for some reason .

Looks like a Rawtherapee issue. While I don't know much about it, I am not including glibmm, so probably the issue is something on their build. However, the 64-bit RT did not crash for me. :(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:30 pm  (#26) 
GimpChat Member

partha wrote:
Edkiefer wrote:

Looks like a Rawtherapee issue. While I don't know much about it, I am not including glibmm, so probably the issue is something on their build. However, the 64-bit RT did not crash for me. :(

thanks for looking at it , I didn't expect you to :)

Yes, I assume its on there end , I opened a bugreport on it .
Luckly its not big issue and honestly I don't use that option much anyway . I keep all my photo in dated folder so its very easy to find my picture with whatever editor I pick (DPP, Gimp , RT etc ).

Thanks again for checking anyway .

Ed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:22 am  (#27) 
GimpChat Member

partha wrote:
Edkiefer wrote:

I found a fix for this, in case anyone else gets similar issue . I already had to set gimp2.8.6 to run as administrator so I could edit images in other program file folders w/o any save issues .
The fix for RT starting gimp was the same , set RT.exe and the two *helper.exe files in it's dir to run as administrator and all works now . Funny thing my user profile is administrator, as I am only user so it odd to need that IMO.

So it works and thanks for checking on your side .

Ed