It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sparkler letter effect
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:30 pm  (#21) 
GimpChat Member

Tried out the tut, minus the motion blur part. I didn't get any results with using the lens flare, I must have done it wrong, but it didn't seem to make any difference in the outcome. There is another similar tut out there that I think might be a tad better, but I can't find it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:41 pm  (#22) 
GimpChat Member

http://www.pixel2life.com/viewtutorial/ ... xt_effect/

a photoshop tut that could be useful for this effect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:09 am  (#23) 
GimpChat Member

There is a new filter (SCM) in the registry just came out - Lines along a path - might be useful
http://registry.gimp.org/node/25000

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:55 pm  (#24) 
GimpChat Member

RobA wrote:
saulgoode - You beat me!

Started with an edge detect of a handwritten font to get double letters, then used the iwarp to do this - three layers and the blurred german flag gradient map:

Rob, would you mind giving more details about the steps to get this result. I tried to replicate it but each edge detect option I chose either made the font black or it disappeared so I'm doing something majorly wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:01 am  (#25) 
Script Coder

AeonTown wrote:
RobA wrote:
saulgoode - You beat me!

Started with an edge detect of a handwritten font to get double letters, then used the iwarp to do this - three layers and the blurred german flag gradient map:

Rob, would you mind giving more details about the steps to get this result. I tried to replicate it but each edge detect option I chose either made the font black or it disappeared so I'm doing something majorly wrong.

You have to make the text into a normal layer, either black on white or white on black before running the edge filter.

-Rob A>