It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tiger request
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:55 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

my girlfriend sent me this picture in a text message and asked if i could draw it. i told her i thought so. after looking at it i am not so sure i can. i mean i have drawn animals before. but never a tiger. this may sound crazy, but i'm not real sure where i should start. i guess we will all see if i can pretty soon. this will be my next piece of work.

Attachment:
tiger.jpg
tiger.jpg [ 212.44 KiB | Viewed 1676 times ]

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Tiger request
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:32 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Finding simplified shapes is always a good start when painting people or animals. Have a look through this tutorial viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4308

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:31 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

It would be pretty simple to do if you have the image right next to your sketchpad. Rough sketch and run through the scanner. Then open it in GIMP. That is what i would do anyways.
This image looks like it has been edited with Fractilus.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:55 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

If you need help simplifying, you could always trace around the shapes you see in GIMP before trying to full out sketch it. :3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:05 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Rod wrote:
It would be pretty simple to do if you have the image right next to your sketchpad. Rough sketch and run through the scanner. Then open it in GIMP. That is what i would do anyways.

What is Fractilus? never heard of it. He looks to have been edited in some way. that's why i say he may be hard to do. but i think i can get a decent picture out of it. my girlfriend said she just wanted to see if i can do it. so now i am wondering the same thing. :hehe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:12 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

rdgracer71 wrote:
Rod wrote:

What is Fractilus? never heard of it. He looks to have been edited in some way. that's why i say he may be hard to do. but i think i can get a decent picture out of it. my girlfriend said she just wanted to see if i can do it. so now i am wondering the same thing. :hehe

A Photoshop plugin (it works in GIMP with PSPI also).
http://www.redfieldplugins.com/filterFractalius.htm