It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Couple Drawings I Did Today.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Here are some drawings I did today...

I didn't really plan anything I kinda went along with it. I needed to do something to make myself do something nice before I start acting stupid. :lol

This is mostly watercolor and marker on 8X10 (I think that size :lol) watercolor paper.

And here is a sketch of a girl's face I drew in a 9X11 sketch book with a normal pencil.

Enjoy!

~ God Bless ~

~ Moko

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: A Couple Drawings I Did Today.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:23 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Hmm especially like the top piece those little lady bugs maybe their playing hide and seek. plus the contrast between the to two flowers one is a rose hmm and the other is day lily? I'm not much of a botanist and gardener.

Also find the bottom piece really interesting in that its not completely realistic, manga or average toon style its unique and that is a refreshing creative thing to see nowadays.

LOL I hardly draw on a sketch book cause I'm to cheap I guess lol I carry around a cheap small unruled writing tablet or a clipboard with typewriting paper and mechanical pencils I get to impatient to sharpen pencils, lol. for drawing lots of quick practice sketches and gesture drawings cheap paper is good enough for me.of course watercolor is alot more challenging on typing paper.lol

I've even for a festival once made my own paint using mud berries etc. and using eggs as a bonding medium it's called egg tempura http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempera . Many old painting masters used it.
some even grinded up precious stones to make colors, like blue which was hard to find. no GIMP palette for them lol. sorry for going off topic so much just though I share, maybe you might want to make your own paint someday its not to hard.

Thanks for sharing your art. Moko :) :paint

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:36 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Heroik wrote:
Hmm especially like the top piece those little lady bugs maybe their playing hide and seek. plus the contrast between the to two flowers one is a rose hmm and the other is day lily? I'm not much of a botanist and gardener.

Also find the bottom piece really interesting in that its not completely realistic, manga or average toon style its unique and that is a refreshing creative thing to see nowadays.

LOL I hardly draw on a sketch book cause I'm to cheap I guess lol I carry around a cheap small unruled writing tablet or a clipboard with typewriting paper and mechanical pencils I get to impatient to sharpen pencils, lol. for drawing lots of quick practice sketches and gesture drawings cheap paper is good enough for me.of course watercolor is alot more challenging on typing paper.lol

I've even for a festival once made my own paint using mud berries etc. and using eggs as a bonding medium it's called egg tempura http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempera . Many old painting masters used it.
some even grinded up precious stones to make colors, like blue which was hard to find. no GIMP palette for them lol. sorry for going off topic so much just though I share, maybe you might want to make your own paint someday its not to hard.

Thanks for sharing your art. Moko :) :paint

haha don't worry! I like talking about stuffs like this! :3
I never knew about those things! I did know of people using leaves to draw, ironically a 7 year old taught me that one. lol - I have used washable markers for "my on paint" but from nature I haven't! Sounds like a fun idea to do sometime. :3

I don't know what exactly that other flower is, I had a few in my head but I forgot which leaves where what, so I just made anything. xD
It looks a lot like a lilly, but the leaves are odd so...IDK what it is! :lol

I'm glad you think the face is unique! I started drawing anime/manga, then moved slowly away! I guess I "grew up". lol

I love mechanical pencils! When I use them, it's normally for final sketch lines, after using a normal pencil. Mechanical pencils are a bit harder so they are darker. Perfect for sketching! Printer paper isn't that bad! It's just for wet media it's not that good (like paint, marker it's not as bad with). :3 - They sell little folders to put paper in for like 50 cents in a dollar store if you live in the US, you can keep your sketches in that since it's not bound in a book! If you ever decide to go with a book, use a spiral, if it's bound on the back w/o spirals but glue, pages will start to fall out and the cover even starts to fall off, spiral gets longer life but the cover will start to tare after a while if you open it a lot and harshly....Like me! xD

Thank you for the comment and compliments! :3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:54 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

No prob you deserve comments and compliments :) lol I have several sketch books already friends family keep giving them to me most lay in a pile. I always feel a little nervous using them, since there so nice and I look at them and think of friends and family thankful for them, thanks for the sketch pad info Mokona.
I also want to experiment with making ink it seems simple soot, or black charcoal is used to make
india ink. of course I might not use the animal glue part of the recipe. don't want animals in my artwork literally.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India_ink

laptop battery is getting low lol need to go find a plugin had a wonderful time chatting with you Moko. :tyspin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:50 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Lovely work Moko, I do like your style.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:03 am  (#6) 
Global Moderator

Very nice Moko, I especially like the sketches. Those eyes are so very cute.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:09 am  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

I'm a huge fan of pencil drawings and sketches and have been trying (unsuccessfully) to emulate the same effects in GIMP.
I love the detail you put into the eyes on the pencil drawing. Very nice work.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:12 am  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

I especially like how you capture the lighting effects. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:13 am  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

Lovely work again Moko. I particularly like the sketch of the girl.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:37 pm  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

Heroik wrote:
No prob you deserve comments and compliments :) lol I have several sketch books already friends family keep giving them to me most lay in a pile. I always feel a little nervous using them, since there so nice and I look at them and think of friends and family thankful for them, thanks for the sketch pad info Mokona.
I also want to experiment with making ink it seems simple soot, or black charcoal is used to make
india ink. of course I might not use the animal glue part of the recipe. don't want animals in my artwork literally.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India_ink

laptop battery is getting low lol need to go find a plugin had a wonderful time chatting with you Moko. :tyspin

Is nice talking to you too! :hi5

ohhh, interesting there too! I've heard of india ink for inking comics before but I didn't know about making it!

If you have lots of sketch pads, don't be scared to try them! It's quite nice to flip through pages. If they're weaker paper and you use wet media like inking pens it's a good idea to put a piece of printer paper under the page you are working one.
But it's whatever you're comfortable with, of course! ;)
Sometimes new inspiration comes from using a different paper. :3

I feel bad when I first have a new book or something new having to do with art like I'm scared to use it because I don't wanna waste it but once I start having a "list" of drawings that look nice, I feel better about it! :3

Did you draw your avatar btw? I like it a lot! :D

he4rty wrote:
Lovely work Moko, I do like your style.

Thank you! :D

molly wrote:
Very nice Moko, I especially like the sketches. Those eyes are so very cute.

I was pretty happy with the eyes, since one wasn't like 5X bigger than the other like I normally draw. xD

:tyspin

Rod wrote:
I especially like how you capture the lighting effects. :)
Erisian wrote:
Lovely work again Moko. I particularly like the sketch of the girl.

:tyspin :tyspin

Mike wrote:
I'm a huge fan of pencil drawings and sketches and have been trying (unsuccessfully) to emulate the same effects in GIMP.
I love the detail you put into the eyes on the pencil drawing. Very nice work.

I'm not sure about filters recreating the effect, only sketching something yourself! There must be one someplace, though! :3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:00 pm  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

Great drawings! I'm sure I've said it a few times before, but I love your style! :D
The eyes in the second drawing bother me a little bit though, I feel like the viewers left eye is a little too 'rotated'.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:48 pm  (#12) 
GimpChat Member

mokonafan: as usual you've done a great job. i think the bottom one with the girl's face is really well drawn and i love the colouring in that first one. your colours have lots of light in them, that makes your work liveful and cheery to look at. i afree with baukje on the girl's eyes, also i think it looks a bit fnny that the sun just disappears after it "hits" the flowers - as if it was only half a sun.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:37 pm  (#13) 
GimpChat Member

BaukjeSpirit wrote:
Great drawings! I'm sure I've said it a few times before, but I love your style! :D
The eyes in the second drawing bother me a little bit though, I feel like the viewers left eye is a little too 'rotated'.

Yeah I think one of the eyes looks a little funny too. :X

Thank you I'm glad you liked it! :3

AnMal wrote:
mokonafan: as usual you've done a great job. i think the bottom one with the girl's face is really well drawn and i love the colouring in that first one. your colours have lots of light in them, that makes your work liveful and cheery to look at. i agree with baukje on the girl's eyes, also i think it looks a bit funny that the sun just disappears after it "hits" the flowers - as if it was only half a sun.

Well the sun was meant to be more like a "decoration" than anything. :hehe
I'm glad you think it looks cheery, considering I didn't feel cheerful while making it I think that means my art knows something I don't. xD

Thank you for the CnC! :3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:24 pm  (#14) 
GimpChat Member

yep I drew my Avatar lol i saw how everyone had such nice avatars I figured I'd better try to fit in lol. thank you, Mokonafan, My Gimp avatar was created in photoshop, just kidding of course lol. I figured the sun was half sun because of design value. makes since.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:55 am  (#15) 
GimpChat Member

Heroik wrote:
yep I drew my Avatar lol i saw how everyone had such nice avatars I figured I'd better try to fit in lol. thank you, Mokonafan, My Gimp avatar was created in photoshop, just kidding of course lol. I figured the sun was half sun because of design value. makes since.

:lol

Nice nice! Keep up the nice work. :3