It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: custom spectrum with darkest colors a bit lighter
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:38 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I'm trying to make a color spectrum that I will turn in to a gradient where the darkest colors are little bit lighter.

I think i've found the beginning of what i'm looking for by creating a gradient like this Image then going to generic/mathmap/combine/convolve

then press enter and I get this Image

what do I do next to make the spectrum have total saturation (no gray mixed in) ?

I have changed the lightness and that seems to make it more colorful but I don't know exactly what to do to make it "even" any thoughts?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: custom spectrum with darkest colors a bit lighter
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:38 am  (#2) 
Script Coder

- Make the foreground color a fully saturated one (any color will do, as long as it is fully saturated, ie, S=100 in the color dialog)
- Select none
- Use bucket-fill tool, in "saturation mode"
- Apply liberally, rinse, repeat (no, no need to repeat)

Explanation: in "saturation" mode the paint tools only change the saturation value of the image pixels, by transferring the saturation of the color used (here, full sat)

Post subject: Re: custom spectrum with darkest colors a bit lighter
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:26 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

using the bucket tool in saturation mode seemed not to include yellow in the spectrum. I want to keep all the colors of the full spectrum but just have the darkest colors be a bit lighter.

this is the convolved spectrum with 100 saturation and 50 lightness in colors/hue-saturation, but I'm not sure if this keeps the spectrum "even" and seems to be too light.

I think what I may be needing is for the cyan yellow and magenta colors to be at 100 saturation and the rest of the colors to be a lesser saturation value in the "change foreground color" section