It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GIMPressionist All Layers Script
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:10 am  (#1) 
Script Coder

From this:To This:

Image Image

Here's a new script that I created to run the GIMPressionist filter on All layers, active layer, visible layers, linked layers. The is one of many of my new scripts to allow filters to be run on several layers. I'll be adding new features as time permits including, at some point, of combining them into one major script.

The script is attached to the bottom of this post, but please be advised, I will be making updates to the script and may not always reflect the changes here. You'll always be able to view the updates at my dA site: FP's GIMPressionist All Layers script or at GIMPScripts if they are posted there.

I've also been able to add "preview" functionality to the script-fu. (Read comments at the bottom of this post)

Install the script to your scripts folder and after you refresh, you'll be able to find it under Filters > Artistic > GIMPressionist All Layers.... The zip file also contains the "Mini Tut" image shown below.

Script Window

Mini Tutorial

Please note: When you click the Apply button, the preview window will not reflect the changes until you click the Update Button below the preview window. This is normal functionality for the GIMPressionist filter and not a problem with the script.

* I'm not sure what I've done to implement the preview option is correct programming-wise or if creates problems with the code, etc., but I'm not a programmer and all my tests appear to have worked. Essentially, when you run the script, a call is made to the specified plugin and a "dummy" layer is created. You set the options of the plugin and when the plugin is run, it runs it on the dummy layer, deletes the dummy layer, and then passes the settings to the desired layers using the RUN-WITH-LAST-VALS call.

Attachments:
gimpressionist_all_layers_gimp_script_by_fence_post.zip [86.52 KiB]
Downloaded 184 times

I'd rate you as an upper-middle-lower-mod with pro-novice-inter tendencies.....and a twist of lime! Of course, my rating scale is completely objectively subjective, but ALWAYS consistently inconsistent.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: GIMPressionist All Layers Script
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:18 am  (#2) 
Global Moderator

That looks really cool FP... Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:33 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Filter on all layers, active layer, visible layers, linked layers - finally :coolthup
Thank you very much (and'll look at the code to steal for other scripts :ninja ....)

Slava
Ukraini!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:37 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Nice one FP.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:30 pm  (#5) 
Script Coder

Thank you, both. Hope you can find a use for them.

I'd rate you as an upper-middle-lower-mod with pro-novice-inter tendencies.....and a twist of lime! Of course, my rating scale is completely objectively subjective, but ALWAYS consistently inconsistent.