It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Te Veo - Portrait Finished! (Gift)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:11 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Okey I'm done with my Jesus Adrian Romero Picture! It felt like I colored for hours and hours but the recording time was only about 3 hours so it seems I only drew this in 3 hours...but I don't understand how that can be I think movie maker is bugged, I figured this took more like 5 or 6 hours at least. o.o

Like mentioned, I did record myself drawing him and here is the link for that:
Video Link

WIP Topic

Anddddddd before the unveiling, I want to say that I drew this for conbagui! I saw on his DeviantART he likes this singer, and I knew of the singer and liked him too! Soooo this is for you sir! You're a very kind, faithful, and giving person to this community and to me personally you have given me great encouragement! :D

Thank you for being here! I'm sure we all can agree to that. :) :D :hi5

Dios Te Bendiga Pastor! :D

Soooo! Here is the Drawing!

Reference:

Sketch:

Finished!
Bigger Version

As usual I wasn't aiming for total copying of Jesus Adrian but I did want it to look like him...! I did what I could since after half the shading was done the nose seemed a bit..off, I don't know if this looks like him to anyone that I didn't say "this is Jesus Adrian Romero" but I'm biased and like to pick on my stuff so you all can tell me the answer to that dilemma! One thing I can tell though is he looks A LOT younger..but I don't think he'd argue about being made younger looking. :hehe

P.S: To all the bling lovers...I made that cross and chain from scratch. :P

CnC welcomed!

~ God Bless ~

~ Moko

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Te Veo - Portrait Finished! (Gift)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:12 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

It's a nice painting with nice colours and the Moko style that we all know and love. I don't know if I would recognise him from this painting but I'm not really familiar with his face. Your presentation is really good.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:19 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Erisian wrote:
It's a nice painting with nice colours and the Moko style that we all know and love. I don't know if I would recognize him from this painting but I'm not really familiar with his face. Your presentation is really good.

That's what I thought about recognition too... :gaah
At least it's a "good drawing" in general anyways..

:tyspin :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:21 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Mokonafan wrote:
Erisian wrote:
It's a nice painting with nice colours and the Moko style that we all know and love. I don't know if I would recognize him from this painting but I'm not really familiar with his face. Your presentation is really good.

Don't kick yourself Moko, portraits are extremely difficult and I would probably do a whole lot worse if I tried! :hehe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:33 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Erisian wrote:
Mokonafan wrote:
Erisian wrote:

Don't kick yourself Moko, portraits are extremely difficult and I would probably do a whole lot worse if I tried! :hehe

:lol :lol But you draw/paint so much more realistic than me! I think you'd do much better! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:36 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

Mokonafan wrote:
:lol But you draw/paint so much more realistic than me! I think you'd do much better! :D

I can paint my own creations but I cannot get a likeness of somebody real. It only takes a couple of very slight inaccuracies to make it look almost totally unlike the subject. I can't even make my own creations look the same twice!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:52 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

conbagui wrote:
Thank you so much Moko, I'm speechless. :thanku I have told you that you are very special person , with special talent. Thank you for those kind and encouraging words, they motivate me to keep helping others here and outside. :tyspin

:hi5 :hi5

You're welcome!
I'm glad you liked the picture and I made you feel encouraged! :3
Thank you too for always being nice to me and saying nice things like I'm special. :tyspin :hi5

Erisian wrote:
Mokonafan wrote:
:lol But you draw/paint so much more realistic than me! I think you'd do much better! :D

I can paint my own creations but I cannot get a likeness of somebody real. It only takes a couple of very slight inaccuracies to make it look almost totally unlike the subject. I can't even make my own creations look the same twice!

I knowwww the feeeeelllllling! It's so hard to do! It's hard for me to recreate the same character, but at least for me, I draw in a simpler style (at least I think so :lol) so details might not be as hard!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:01 am  (#8) 
Global Moderator

Well done Moko! Another good painting

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:26 am  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

mokonafan: wow, i had missed this one! what a lovely gift for conbagui, no wonder he was happy :). you're a very generous person, moko.
i'm not at all familiar with the singer and like erisian i don't think i would recognise him only from this portrait, without extra hints. but i do think you managed to catch something of him in your painting so again, well done on not painting in a realistic style and still making it a portrait of a real person! i love his expression in the painting, he looks very likeable :). the bling is a very well made detail (and very likeable too :hehe) and as usual i like the way you did the background. it's a really good composition, i think, with the warm colours of the singer set against the cool purplish shades, and the light falling so beautifully from the upper right corner.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:03 pm  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

sallyanne wrote:
Well done Moko! Another good painting

:tyspin :tyspin

AnMal wrote:
mokonafan: wow, i had missed this one! what a lovely gift for conbagui, no wonder he was happy :). you're a very generous person, moko.
i'm not at all familiar with the singer and like erisian i don't think i would recognise him only from this portrait, without extra hints. but i do think you managed to catch something of him in your painting so again, well done on not painting in a realistic style and still making it a portrait of a real person! i love his expression in the painting, he looks very likeable :). the bling is a very well made detail (and very likeable too :hehe) and as usual i like the way you did the background. it's a really good composition, i think, with the warm colours of the singer set against the cool purplish shades, and the light falling so beautifully from the upper right corner.

Oh shucks :roll: :oops:..I don't think I'm all that lovely but thank you! :oops :hehe

This guy was a challenge, again the nose was out to get me just like the TobyMac picture and his eyes are always practically closed in every picture I see of him so it's like...Omd! OPEN YOUR EYES I'M TRYING TO DRAW YOU!!!! :gaah :rofl

I'm glad the background came out all right, it was out to get me too! LoL

:tyspin :3