It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: How would you approach this?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:16 pm  (#41) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
otherwhirl wrote:
LOL!
That's definitely ALOT more sophisticated than what i've been doing that's for SURE. LOL!
Although i'm just wondering if all of those steps are actually necessary?

Here are the objectives and goals:

1. Create a mock-up template with this new image
2. Achieve "realistic" look and feel with both white and colored versions of the template (i.e., light,shadows,lines and creases,etc.) that i can clone.
3.Be able to quickly go in and output several colors of the same template with different designs superimposed on top (separately of course...)

The image you provided containing the blue and white shirts didn't have an alpha channel. The white shirt was smaller then the blue one, and both had different backgrounds. All of this had to be addressed before I could begin to create the effect as shown.

When written, the steps seem much more involved that they actually are. What was done didn't take very long to create. If I didn't preform all the steps that I did, the effect would have looked shoddy or unprofessional at best. I was also rushing things along, which limited me as to what I was going to do to create the effect.

The process could have contain many more steps, but I wanted to make it short and to the point. So that it could be done quickly.