It is currently Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Menu pops up when drawing
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:52 pm  (#1) 

GIMP Version: 2.8.4
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: 7
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level

Hello folks,
I've been using GIMP with my old Wacom Bamboo Pen n Touch tablet just fine for a while with no problems. However I got a new tablet recently, Monoprice mp1060-ha60, and I completely removed all of the wacom drivers before installing the monoprice tablet. This tablet has it's own control panel where you can test the pen and pressure sensitivity which both work just fine. Now, the tablet draws fine with no pressure sensitivity enabled, however when I go to input devices in preferences and choose to make it's mode "Screen" or "window" and try drawing, it will instead fidget around and keeps attempting to pop up a menu or tries moving the canvas around.

I've checked the pen's settings in the tablet's own control panel and the tip is registered as a left-click, the "2nd" button is registered as the middle mouse button, and the 3rd is registered as right-click. Pretty much when I set the pen's mode to screen or window and try to draw it treats the pen tip as if i'm right-clicking and middle-clicking at the same time.

I'm sure there's a very simple fix for this that I'm overseeing, but I've been at this all day and the one place i did find an "answer" the person had the same problem as me but never explained how they fixed it, so i figure i'd come straight to the source for help. Any would be appreciated :)

Edit: I finally stumbled upon an answer and apparently 2.8 is buggy so i have to use 2.6 which works perfectly now. Thank you for any help :)

Attachments:
File comment: The menu that shows when I try to draw
menu.png
menu.png [ 62.2 KiB | Viewed 3547 times ]
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Menu pops up when drawing
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:01 pm  (#2) 
Global Moderator

Have you found this, Monoprice Tablet FAQ?

Spirit Bear (Kermode)