It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: G'MIC Mailing list for developers and contributors.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:46 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Hello there,

I've created a mailing list 'gmic-developers@lists.sourceforge.net' to ease the discussion between G'MIC developers and contributors.
I recently received several mails from different regular contributors, and feel that :
- What is discussed in those 'private' mails could interest other people, even if sometimes, it is about quite technical stuffs.
- The existing G'MIC forums on Flickr and Gimpchat are probably more focused on users (often artists, rarely command line users). Discussions about very technical points of the G'MIC framework do probably not interest a lot of people there.
- Sometimes, it is hard to get a message or an answer from a forum immediately, because we don't look at the forum messages every 10 minutes, and even with a RSS reader, there is a lag when receiving the notification of a new message. If the discussion needs to be done with fast and small messages, this is a bit annoying.

So, I thought this is time to create a more 'expert' discussion channel, with a developer mailing list.
So here it is :

https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/lis ... developers

That would be nice, if you (a.k.a regular contributors, bug hunters, ...) could sign in to the list. I think of you Karsten, Zonderr, Iain, Naggobot, garagecoder, samj, and all others. So we could maybe avoid private mails in the future :)

Thanks !

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC Mailing list for developers and contributors.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:25 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Great idea, I've signed up thanks :)