It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: i've been gone for a bit
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:16 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

... in case anyone noticed :). if you want to know what kept me away from gc, here it is:

1. shopping, baking, cooking and in other ways preparing for my 40th birthday party. yep, i'm that old now :hehe ! and i hadn't had a party like that in ages, so i was very stressed up about it and nervous that things would go wrong and there wouldn't be enough food, etc. the party went fine and i had a great birthday and was spoiled beyond belief.

2. working extra and preparing things for work. we have finally set a date for a bazaar, where we will be selling things our users have produced during the year - and for me that has meant a lot of experimenting on methods of producing things. we actually have things to show now, woohoo! i might take some photos when we have more and show you :).

3. trying to finally get started on a homepage. my aim is to get my jewellery out on the web, but i have started more modestly - on a page that shows up my gimp work and where anyone who wants can download my gimp graphics. i will post a link to the site as soon as it's worth showing up.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: i've been gone for a bit
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:14 am  (#2) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
AnMal wrote:
... in case anyone noticed :).

I noticed and Image...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:39 am  (#3) 
Global Moderator

Happy Birthday AnMal! :hbsign

Spirit Bear (Kermode)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:01 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

I would have posted a happy birthday thread on Tuesday but I didn't know if you would want that. You are the most beautiful 40 year old I have ever met! :hugme

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:25 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Happy birthday young-un. lol

Hope your birthday was a blessed one. :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:23 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

Happy birthday youngster. Good to about all the good things you have going on.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:54 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

wallace: :mrgreen: oh that smiley! thanks, brother!
odinbc: thank you, brother :).
erisian: aawww, you make me blush, coffee man! :oops: thank you, you really couldn't have done more to make my birhtday fantastic than you did.
lylejk: hehe, thanks, brother! it sure was.
tonysteele: :hehe most of my friends are younger than me, so it's nice to be called youngster! thank you, i enjoy my little projects.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:15 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

conbagui: thank you, brother! i really feel blessed and grateful, thinking of what i have and all the love i've been shown :).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:57 pm  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

I noticed - I noticed! We were missing a fundamental ray of sunshine in your absence! D:

For you!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9877&p=128987#p128987

It must be nice for your "users", they must feel real important because people will wanna buy things "from" them!

Selling your own jewelry! That sounds nice! How do you make it?
Like, do you make your own beads? Or do you buy them? Are they glass, clay, wood?? Tell me tell me! :lol :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:10 pm  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

mokonafan: aaaww, you're sweet, thank you. yep, our users are really excited about the bazaar and talk about it a lot. they are very curious about what everything they make will cost and a bit disappointed when we can't always tell them :).
my jewellery is made from different materials. i have a small and very primitive silver workshop in my parents' garage up north, and i have made some silver jewellery there. i like working with brass and copper too, and titanium, but i don't have the equipment to work with titanium. here at home i mostly use beads - any kind of beads, really, depending on what i'm making, but glass is my favourite. i also use felted wool that i embroider on and i've made silk flowers and turned them into jewellery.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 pm  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

I must admit that I didn't not notice your absence because I also have been pretty much absent. I had thought that while on vacation, I would be able to spend lots of time on Gimp Chat, do tutorials, learn lots more about Gimp, it did not happen. We were visiting my aunt, who is 93, and she was not sleeping all day like she used to do, so I felt I needed to spend as much time visiting and chatting with her as possible, and not be holed up in the other room with the laptop. At that age, you never know if there will be another chance to spend a week with her. But Happy Belated Birthday, it sounds like you had a great day.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:37 pm  (#12) 
GimpChat Founder

I wondered why you hadn't posted much lately. I kinda figured you were busy. Welcome back!
:grooving
:hbd :jumpclap