It is currently Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: sound recording copyright symbol
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:19 pm  (#1) 

GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Mac OS
OS Version: maverick
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level

hi ya, i am newish to gimp, i used it a loooong time ago during its infancy. anyway, i am designing the album art for a friends band and they need the produced copyright symbol (℗) in their song list copyright section. i, obviously, can add this symbol to things such as this forum, emails, docs but this symbol absolutely refuses to be added to a text box in gimp! i was able to add the standard copyright symbol without issue but i need the produced sound recording symbol on there as well... anyone else run into this issue? any suggested fixes?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: sound recording copyright symbol
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:24 pm  (#2) 
Global Moderator

You might have to have that symbol in your font folder as a font. I don't know where you would find one unless you check dafont.com or other font sites The text editor will only supply what is you fonts. Unless you want to draw the symbol and put the circle around it in a layer, then resize. You could also download a symbol, and paste it into a layer.
Copyright Symbols

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:27 pm  (#3) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
zephoria wrote:
GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Mac OS
OS Version: maverick
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level

hi ya, i am newish to gimp, i used it a loooong time ago during its infancy. anyway, i am designing the album art for a friends band and they need the produced copyright symbol (℗) in their song list copyright section. i, obviously, can add this symbol to things such as this forum, emails, docs but this symbol absolutely refuses to be added to a text box in gimp! i was able to add the standard copyright symbol without issue but i need the produced sound recording symbol on there as well... anyone else run into this issue? any suggested fixes?

Is this of any help?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:40 pm  (#4) 

THANKS WALLACE!!!!!! that worked! i guess i am still stuck in text editor mode... i often forget i am not using a word processor!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:11 pm  (#5) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
zephoria wrote:
THANKS WALLACE!!!!!! that worked! i guess i am still stuck in text editor mode... i often forget i am not using a word processor!

No problem. :bigthup
Fonts that support this symbol are not easy to find. This would also be quite an easy thing to create using Gimp.