It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Script-Fu Interface Scrolling Modification V1.0 Official Release
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:27 pm  (#221) 
Global Moderator

I have only run across two that I couldn't see the bottom of, I think one was the fire one and the other the animated snow or rain. Tux's script worked great in them both.

Post subject: Re: Script-Fu Interface Scrolling Modification V1.0 Official Release
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:07 pm  (#222) 
GimpChat Member

Gnu-Tux, Partha mentioned that he did fix this for mac, but I don't know which one to download...I am guessing Linux, rather than windows.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:47 pm  (#223) 
Script Coder

2-ton I think Partha said he'll include in for mac in next gimp update

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:34 pm  (#224) 
GimpChat Member

and now I have lost my py files! They were there when I fixed Gimp, I used them so I know they were there. Then when I dropped in the scrolling py they were gone. They don't even show up in a search, I had better go searching through my trash and/or I will have to go to gimp scripts and re-download, assuming I remember what I had. Grrrr. I knew upgrading to Mavericks was going to be a big headache. I can imagine what it will be like when Yosemite comes out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:48 am  (#225) 
Script Coder

2-ton if there are any files you cant locate just let me know as I may have them

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:21 am  (#226) 
GimpChat Founder

2-ton wrote:
Gnu-Tux, Partha mentioned that he did fix this for mac, but I don't know which one to download...I am guessing Linux, rather than windows.

I'm not aware of any version of this for the MAC. When I first spoke with Partha, he said that he would compile it for the next GIMP release, which would be V2.10.

2-ton wrote:
and now I have lost my py files! They were there when I fixed Gimp, I used them so I know they were there. Then when I dropped in the scrolling py they were gone.

Is there a scrolling mod for python?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:57 am  (#227) 
GimpChat Member

What I meant was that I took the linux version and installed it, (don't actually remember if it was py or script) then when I opened up gimp to try it out, my py files were gone from the plug-in folder.
Now I have to try and remember which files I had, so I can replace them. Argh.
This is where it is now, and you can see it's the only one now. I definitely need the scripts that show up under the create menu...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:30 am  (#228) 
GimpChat Founder

The script-fu interface mod is a binary plug-in so it will need to be compiled for the specific OS and hardware you have. As we found out with the ML Bevel Reflect Plug-in, it will probably need to be compiled on a version of the MAC OS that's close to the one you're using, to ensure the shared libraries it uses are compatible with your setup.

You might as well remove the script-fu binary from the plug-ins folder.

I can see all the scheme .scm scripts in your scripts folder but I don't see any .py scripts in your plug-ins folder. Do you use python .py scripts on your MAC? Perhaps they are stored in a different folder?

I imagine there are not many any binaries compiled for MAC, which is kinda surprising. One would think there would be a larger presence of MAC users in the GIMP community.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:54 pm  (#229) 
GimpChat Member

Yes, Macs use python .py scripts. That is what is so annoying...I had several of them in there, and most of them work fine. When the scripts were in there, I had usable files under File>Create. Now that they are gone, I don't have that anymore. >Create no longer has the bevel reflect logo or the logo-toolbox , and a few others from that menu that are now gone. I forget what else I am missing, I figure I might remember if I hunt through gimp scripts/plug ins lists.

*yay, found some py files in some strange place, and now I am back in business.

Oh, and yes, Partha did say he is waiting for the new version before he recompiles McGimp, with the newest G'MiC and the Scrolling Script-Fu. I hope it's not too long of a wait.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:35 am  (#230) 
GimpChat Founder

2-ton wrote:
*yay, found some py files in some strange place, and now I am back in business.

Good news! :bigthup

I noticed you have BRL on there. Does Partha's compile of the ML Bevel Reflect 2.0 plugin for MAC work under your new OS version?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:35 pm  (#231) 
GimpChat Member

BRL window comes up, but I have no idea if it can work because I cannot get to the bottom to run it. I won't be able to try it until I can use the scrolling script.

**as you can see, it won't fit!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:11 pm  (#232) 
GimpChat Member

alternative way
hightlight an input number and enter with the keyboard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:15 pm  (#233) 
GimpChat Member

I had to disable all the keyboard shortcuts because they were overpowering the regular typing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:16 pm  (#234) 
GimpChat Member

2-ton wrote:
I had to disable all the keyboard shortcuts because they were overpowering the regular typing.

I see

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:17 am  (#235) 
GimpChat Founder

2-ton wrote:

The <Enter> key should still be active. Just click into a numeric field like Font Size and press <Enter>, which will run the script.

However, the BLR script will not run if ML Bevel Reflect is not installed or working, which was what I was asking about. When ran, the BRL script will generate a warning message if ML Bevel Reflect 2.0 is not installed.

You can find ML Bevel Reflect under:

Filters/Map/ML Bevel Reflect

Can you check to see if ML Bevel Reflect for MAC is installed and operating correctly?

Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12