It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No G'MIC 2.6.0.0?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:29 pm  (#1) 
Global Moderator

I finally installed a 2,8,14 gimp 32 bit build yesterday. This time I put it on a USB. At the moment it is working ok. But the newest G'MIC isn't on it. Would that be because you need the 64 bit for it to work properly?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: No G'MIC 2.6.0.0?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:51 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Founder

There is a Windows 32bit version: gmic_gimp_win32.exe on the G'MIC http://gmic.eu/.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:55 pm  (#3) 
Global Moderator

The top one. http://gmic.sourceforge.net/gimp.shtml

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:13 pm  (#4) 
Global Moderator

GT I thought Partha was going to put them on his builds :( Maybe it just didn't install.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:34 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Founder

I didn't know you were using Partha's builds, sallyanne. I also thought he included G'MIC in all his builds. Does that build have the scrolling script-fu interface included?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:50 am  (#6) 
Global Moderator

I try to use his builds GT. All but my last one as something happened to it and messed everything up. Even though I didn't have his 2.8.10 I would and do, still advise others to use his builds.
I am not sure I mentioned this in my OP. When I installed it in my USB it had the error message (after 100% finished) that it may not be installed correctly. Maybe it didn't all install? Even though it said this I had to see if gimp was on my USB and it is there and apart from the G'MIC works fine.
About your script, I had a look through the 2.8.14 folders ...Not sure where to look, what the actual file name is or what type of file I am looking for. Didn't see anything by the name you gave
Anyway I have the script on my computer and his latest build uses my personal gimp files, but is all there to work on its own. If it is not on there it may still work for me because I have all the scripts - I need. Just a hassle if I go to another computer that doesn't have anything.
By the way I have already tried to download and install the latest G'MIC and it was disastrous, I ended up deleting it and all gimp off my pc. It was just after that I did another restore on my computer to get gimp back which is why I was hoping to get them both together.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:00 am  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

sallyanne wrote:
GT I thought Partha was going to put them on his builds :( Maybe it just didn't install.

Hi Sally,

I responded to you on Flickr.

I just tested my 32-bit build and indeed 1.6.0.0 is bundled with it.

So, what is happening is that you have a local copy in your personal Gimp folder which is 1.5.9.3. Please delete it and you will be fine.

Please contact me if you have any issues, here or my website.

Thanks,
Partha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:11 am  (#8) 
Global Moderator

Sorry if I haven't responded.
At the moment I am going to leave well enough alone. (If it isn't broke - don't fix it).
At least until the next build of G'MIC comes out. I am more interested in photo retouching which I thought the next one was mainly for?