It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Is Photoshop for Chrome OS going to kill GIMP?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:25 pm  (#41) 
GimpChat Member

prokoudine wrote:
@YAFU
Quote:
So you are saying that we should never again blame the proprietary software for faults in the OpenSource software?

I can't, for the love of god and all that is holy, imagine how you arrived at this conclusion.

So I'm confused. I warned you I could not understand very technical things, and plus my poor English. I'm just an OpenSource user. So, to make it simple to my not a developer mind, I divide the possibilities into two groups:

1) It is easy to analyze, study, understand, copy, reverse engineer the closed software/formats. If this is so, if the OpenSource has poor compatibility with closed software, then it is because OpenSource faults. Do not blame the propietary software.

2) No, it is not easy to analyze, study, understand, copy, reverse engineer the closed software/formats. Then the closed software imposes limits that make the OpenSource be at some disadvantage against closed software, as I had initially pointed.

Sorry to divide things into these two basic groups, but I need to know which of these two basic options is closer to reality.

Edit:
Now I see that my previous question can be misunderstood. I literally did not want to say "you are saying that....". Was a question "are you saying that....?". Better I should have asked: "For what you said before, then we should......?"

Post subject: Re: Is Photoshop for Chrome OS going to kill GIMP?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:22 am  (#42) 
GimpChat Member

YAFU, you are oversimplifying things :) I cannot pick between these two options: I'd be lying.