It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Problems with G'MIC's interactive coloring feature
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:51 pm  (#1) 

I have the latest version of GIMP 2.8, and I work on an iMac with Yosemite installed. Just thought I'd establish that to begin with as it feels like important information.

Anyway, I have downloaded the latest version of the G'MIC plug-in for GIMP from sourceforge, because I was interested in trying out the new "Colorize [Interactive]" feature. I placed the exec file in my GIMP plug-ins folder, and at first glance everything seems to be working fine:

However, every time I hit OK and try to run the feature, I get this error message:

:gaah I've been at this for hours now and I'm about ready to lose my mind. I have no idea what any of this means or what I'm supposed to do. Could someone please help me?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Problems with G'MIC's interactive coloring feature
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:35 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

I get the same problem (iMac & Yosemite) using Contour - Extract foreground (interactive), appears something is missing on the Mac

Hope some help is out there

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:41 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

OS X doesn't always play nice with Gimp. I use Partha's McGimp, and the Python scripts that he puts in himself always work great, but those that I try to add don't always work. some do and some don't. Other than the fact that not all added python scripts will work, McGimp performs pretty flawlessly.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:00 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

If you have downloaded the latest version of 2.8 you dont need to add Gmic. Its already there...you can refresh it by pressing the circular arrow within GIMP to update to the latest scripts that it has. I've actually stopped using parthas version for now as I was having some problems but thats not to say it hasn't been fixed, I have just been using a different version for now. Having said all that L_Cardenas, I am also using Yosemite on an iMac and like 2-ton have been using GIMP for years. I'm not having any problems with my current set up of GIMP so will stick with it until such time as that occurs.

L_Cardenas, I think that the version you have downloaded is conflicting with the built in version. Just saying...

Last edited by akky on Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:01 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

I should add that I am a big supporter of parthas and love his work with GIMP for Apple/Mac computers so give McGimp a whirl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:12 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

I would suggest to trash all the versions of gimp for mac and download Partha's mcgimp. Give it a try, and he has just updated it to include the newer version of GMic, too, so you can updated for all the latest added filters.