It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Path custom dash patterns
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:47 am  (#1) 

GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level

How does one save the custom dash pattern in the stroke path window so it is available to gimp after you have saved and reopened gimp in the same file?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Path custom dash patterns
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:38 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

stilltryin g wrote:

How does one save the custom dash pattern in the stroke path window so it is available to gimp after you have saved and reopened gimp in the same file?

The same file should have the path saved if that is what was stroked with a dash line. Just save as xcf. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:50 am  (#3) 
Script Coder

Rod wrote:
stilltryin g wrote:

The same file should have the path saved if that is what was stroked with a dash line. Just save as xcf. :)

The OP is really about saving the kind of pattern you used for the path (among the 2^24 possibilities....).

AFAIK there is no way to save this inside Gimp. Save a string of 24 X's and O's somewhere (as part of the path name?) and recreate by hand when needed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:13 am  (#4) 

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll save a screen print and come as close as I can. TY guess I'll finish the stiches all in one session now! :mrgreen: