It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crossing borders - comic (4 pages)
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:50 am  (#21) 
GimpChat Member

Another minor update to the last page.
Griatch

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:36 pm  (#22) 
GimpChat Member

After feedback elsewhere I updated her arm on the 4th page to be a bit wider and connect better to her shoulder. In this I made use of Krita's cage-transform tool (which is really awesome actually!).
Griatch

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:33 pm  (#23) 
GimpChat Member

Ah yes, much better! :3

Post subject: Re: Crossing borders - comic (5 pages)
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:19 am  (#24) 
GimpChat Member

(click for DA link)

Page 5: Making snap decisions.

Feedback and critique is highly encouraged! Thanks for the feedback given so far, I think I'm more getting a hang of this particular style now; using black outlines+full color is quite unfamiliar to me. :)
Griatch

Last edited by Griatch on Sun May 03, 2015 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:17 am  (#25) 
GimpChat Member

That last expression is priceless. xD .... And it makes me wonder what she be plotting. :P
I like the top 2 frames a lot they look much better than the previous pages.
Too me her fingers still seem very long but that's probably style preference.
Good good! :D

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:37 pm  (#26) 
GimpChat Member

@Moko:

Thanks for the feedback! Made a change to the length of her hand, check it out!

Also made a minor change to her teeth after feedback elsewhere.
Griatch

Post subject: Re: Crossing borders - comic (6 pages)
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:23 pm  (#27) 
GimpChat Member

(click for DA version)

Page 6: Surpriiiise!

Halfways through the comic snippet now. Comments and feedback is appreciated as always!
Griatch

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:16 pm  (#28) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
The story seems to be coming along nicely.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:43 pm  (#29) 
GimpChat Member

Great expressions on the last two characters. :) I have to ask though...did the troll turn into the bear?

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:14 am  (#30) 
GimpChat Member

Sydney wrote:
Great expressions on the last two characters. :) I have to ask though...did the troll turn into the bear?

If I was going to attempt a guess, this being pure speculation you understand...I'd guess that the troll did something magical to appear that the wounded knight was partially eaten because she assumed the incoming footsteps are the origin of the arrow in his shoulder. Do I know that to be true? Nope! But I'm going to think that until I'm blown out of the water with the real truth! xD

I love the expression of the (female?) character she is very expressive!.. and the plot keeps on twisting!
That bear is one big teddy! :lol...and a mean ole teddy at that! :hoh :hehe

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:36 am  (#31) 
GimpChat Member

griatch: really good job on this! i'm just as impressed with the lighting in the pictures as everyone else and since i'm a big fan of black borders i enjoy seeing your use of them and how it develops :). in the last pictures you really seem confident with the technique and it looks very professionally done. the expressions and general composition of the frames are good as always and i look forward to seeing it finished.

Post subject: Re: Crossing borders - comic (7 pages)
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:30 am  (#32) 
GimpChat Member

(click for DA link)

Page 7: Fly you fools, fly!

Sydney wrote:

This shall now be answered. :)

Mokonafan wrote:
Sydney wrote:

If I was going to attempt a guess, this being pure speculation you understand...I'd guess that the troll did something magical to appear that the wounded knight was partially eaten because she assumed the incoming footsteps are the origin of the arrow in his shoulder. Do I know that to be true? Nope! But I'm going to think that until I'm blown out of the water with the real truth! xD

I love the expression of the (female?) character she is very expressive!.. and the plot keeps on twisting!

Not too bad a guess Moko, not too bad a guess indeed. :D

AnMal wrote:
griatch: really good job on this! i'm just as impressed with the lighting in the pictures as everyone else and since i'm a big fan of black borders i enjoy seeing your use of them and how it develops :). in the last pictures you really seem confident with the technique and it looks very professionally done. the expressions and general composition of the frames are good as always and i look forward to seeing it finished.

Thanks AnMal! Yes, after feedback along the way I think I'm getting a little more comfortable with the style. Light is something I've done so much of that it becomes the easy bit about these pages; I'm glad the black outline-style improves, that is quite unusual for me to work with. Even so I'm sure there will be up and downs. :)
Griatch

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:55 pm  (#33) 
GimpChat Member

Wow I'm good. :lol

I love the first and last frame so much, the middle one the (female?) figure looks a little unnatural even though it was meant to look exaggerated it seems like her pose isn't accurate like she's too stiff or something...the top half looks like she's strutting with pride, the bottom half looks like she's running. The face on the man looks almost too cartoon like compared to the rest of the general style.

The expression on the troll girl's face is almost too good to handle, she's so pleased with herself. :lol
Griatch wrote:

Mokonafan wrote:
Sydney wrote:

Not too bad a guess Moko, not too bad a guess indeed. :D

Don't mess with meh! I watch mystery who-done-its! :hehe

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:00 pm  (#34) 
Script Coder

i am really enjoying this story so far.

This is really good, do you mind if i link to these images/art to share on facebook with my friends?

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:48 am  (#35) 
GimpChat Member

griatch: looks great! and i like how the story is coming along too. i agree with moko about troll girl's expression, but i had no problem with the middle frame, the female character's pose looks fine to me.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:24 am  (#36) 
GimpChat Member

@moko

Thanks for the feedback! I don't think there is anything wrong with the running poses anatomically, it's just what happens when starting to run but before you start gaining enough momentum to lean forward. She is also wearing chainmail armor which makes her less nimble to turn than the other leather-clad guy. But I'll consider it some more. :)

@trandoductin

As long as you link back to the originals you are more than welcome to share on facebook. :) Glad you like it.

@AnMal

Yes, she looks most pleased with herself here, looking at it now I feel it's almost the kind of expression you do just followed by exclaiming "Awesooome"! ;) I also don't think there is an issue with the solder-woman's pose, but I'll let it rest a while and come back to look at it with fresh eyes later.
Griatch

Post subject: Re: Crossing borders - comic (8 pages)
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:29 pm  (#37) 
GimpChat Member

(click for DA version)

Page 8: Call in the cavalry. You might recognize the vaette from other works of mine. :) This is also an example of a troll flute (more of a pipe here, admittedly). . Commends and critique welcome as always!
Griatch

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:39 pm  (#38) 
GimpChat Member

LOL he got some very distinct features. xD
I like the flow of this page..I think it's a little inconsistent with her lips though. One frame she has dark green lips the other frames it's just shaded and an outline. I think that the trees dark outline in the smaller frames doesn't fit with the background of the troll using the whistle.

Her hands are much better. And I love her expressions. :D

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:45 pm  (#39) 
GimpChat Member

griatch: i really like the vaette :). they are a bit hairier than i expected them to be! i always pictured vättar unoriginal and boring, like garden gnomes - i prefer this style.
it's funny, the details moko says she has problems with are actually good examples of what i like best about this while strip so far: a great sense of what's important and not. i mean, the trees are of major importance in the small frame where the vaette start showing up, but of very minor importance in the frame where she blows the whistle and that shows in the style you drew the trees in. makes good sense to me and it makes the strip clear and easy to follow.
i'm less fond of troll girl's whistle. i did get that it was some sort of flute or whistle, but i can't help wishing it was more interesting to look at. guess the thought of magic instruments catch my fancy :).

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:50 pm  (#40) 
GimpChat Member

Now that she mentions it, the whistle does look a bit bent..and kinda like a nail...Maybe it's just old and worn out!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next