Photograph restoration, enhancement and effects with Gimp
Post a reply

May need redness taken Out.

Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:05 am

I cropped this out of a photo I took this evening. Tried to get a decent one of my grand-daughter but all she wanted to do was make faces/be silly etc. I kept on taking as many as I could anyhow and got this one in the middle of her moving her hands around.
Don't think her face was this red. The original photo showed the background with a red tint and it is cream!
Looks ok in my monitor view but prints dark.

Re: May need redness taken Out.

Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:53 am

I think it's a very nice photo of a pretty young lady....

I wouldn't change it at all (but just my opinion). Maybe it's the printer that needs adjustment....

:D

Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:00 am

Thanks Meemaw. I liked this one the best out of all of them. Even though she is not looking straight at you. you can see her natural beauty in it I think.

Might take the photo to another printer and see what happens.

Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:24 am

Me too, Sallyanne, think that the colours are OK as they are, but -just in case you need a version with less red- this is my try

1831_Isabellacropped75-reducedRED.jpg
1831_Isabellacropped75-reducedRED.jpg (109.39 KiB) Viewed 3689 times

Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:31 pm

I hope you don't mind me having a try at this photograph. The colour I thought was OK, but I used anisotropic smoothing, followed by wavelet decompose and duplicated layers 1 & 2.

david.

Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:17 pm

A technique I concocted when I first started toying with GIMP over 12 years ago. Still works. Check the XCF for details. Basically, create a total of three layers and set the top layer to value and center layer to screen and adjust opacity to taste on the screen layer. :)

Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:20 pm

Thank you all :)

Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:09 am

This was perfect for testing out all the new Curves presets I just installed. Here's my attempt.
Custom curve
GMIC- Ian's denoising filter
Dodge & burn layers
Tone mapping

Post a reply