It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Release of G'MIC 1.7.6
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:17 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Hello there,

I'm happy to announce the release of a new version (numbered 1.7.6) of the G'MIC image processing framework, including of course its plug-in for GIMP (compatible for GIMP 2.8 and 2.9). As always, I encourage upgrading to this new version as soon as possible :bigthup. This version is backward-compatible with the previous one (1.7.5), meaning that all new filters added in this version have been also backported for users of the previous stable version.

What is G'MIC?

G'MIC is a full-featured open-source framework for image processing. It provides several different user interfaces to convert/manipulate/filter/visualize generic image datasets, ranging from 1d scalar signals to 3d+t sequences of multi-spectral volumetric images, thus including 2d color images.

* G'MIC main project page : http://gmic.eu
* G'MIC plug-in for GIMP : http://gmic.eu/gimp.shtml
* G'MIC web service : https://gmicol.greyc.fr/

The following is the full Changelog of the version 1.7.6, as compared to the previous stable version 1.7.5.
As you can see, this is mainly a point version with only a few improvements, mainly bug fixes and optimizations.

I hope you'll enjoy it !

New features:

* [core] Added support of CMake to build the software (cli interface, gimp plug-in and C++ library). Thanks to Andrea Ferrero (from Photoflow).

* [core] The math parser now understands expression I#ind, which is equivalent to I(#ind) (access to vector-valued pixel of image ind at current processing position (x,y,z,c)).

* [core/gimp] New command -retinex and associated GIMP plug-in filter Colors / Retinex apply the Multiscale Color Retinex algorithm for improving color consistency in images.

* [gimp] New filter Degradations / Flip & rotate blocs allows quite flexible bloc-by-bloc processing of the image. Very cool for generating glitch art.

* [gimp] New filter Degradations / Warp by intensity locally warps an image by its local intensity value. Also cool for generating glitch art.

These two last filters have been inspired by the Polyglitch plug-in for Paint.NET, as described here : http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/t ... itch-v14b/

Improvements:

* [stdlib] Command -blend_median has been recoded from scratch and is now more efficient (faster and less memory-consuming).

* [core] Several optimizations have been done in the CImg Library (base library used for the image processing routines), proposed by Ingo Weyrich and Sébastien Fourey. A big thanks to them!

* [gimp] Improved preview rendering when icc profiles are used for color-management (much thanks to Andrea Ferrero for his help!).

* [gimp] Filter Degradations / Pixel sort has new options for parameter Sorting criterion.

Bug fixes:

* [gimp] Fixed bug in plug-in when working on a selection of a very small image (filter preview made the plug-in crash).

* + various small bug fixes and corrections, spotted by the community. Thanks folks !

I'd also like to thank the community here at GimpChat, because you have been long time tester and bug reporters ! Without you, I'm sure many bugs couldn't have been fixed, so thanks again, fellow G'MIC enthusiasts !

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Release of G'MIC 1.7.6
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:27 pm  (#2) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
Very cool thanks! :bigthup

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:49 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Thanks for the head's up, David. Updating it now. :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:26 pm  (#4) 
Global Moderator

What's the status of otto06217 & G'MIC?

Spirit Bear (Kermode)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:05 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Quote:
What's the status of otto06217 & G'MIC?

I got no news from him. It's like he has stopped updating G'MIC in his PPA. Maybe someone can post a request ? :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:16 am  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

:jumpclap :tyspin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:08 am  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

Thank you! :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:22 am  (#8) 
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:51 pm  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

:tyspin