Re: Artloader Sketchbook

Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:30 am

Very very nice, Artloader.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:53 am

Thank you Dinasset :).

Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:42 am

I don't often login to GC these days but I just had to today, just to say awesome work Artloader!

Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:54 am

Hey Erisian my friend :) hope things are well with you :).

Thank you for the kind words :).

Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:12 pm

Long time no see folks, hope you are all well. Here's a black and white painting of a rhino in traditional acrylic paint, critiques most welcome.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:44 am

artloader: that's excellent! you seem to have the lighting perfectly under control there. wish there were more gimp painters around here to give you proper feedback, maybe i can persuade my husband to give his opinion. all i can see is a very good painting. btw have you seen albrecht dürer's rhino?

Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:51 am

Awesome work Artloader. I love the way you have realistically captured the rhino with a minimum of values and brushstrokes. Even in black and white there is a lot of atmosphere and mood here.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:01 pm

@artloader I like the penwork on the Winder Soldier. Nice use of a slightly "looser" style without losing expression.
Griatch

Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:25 pm

@AnMal: Thank you and no I had not seen Albrecht Dürer's rhino before but I Googled it and was blown away by how good a job he did without even having seen a rhino!

@Erisian: Thank you, I think there are only about 4 or 5 values in there and I also limited myself to using just one brush - a wide flat one.

@Griatch: Thank you, I really enjoyed drawing that guy - such a moody look about him.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:59 pm

Here's another black and white painting in acrylics, critiques most welcome, thank you:

Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:39 pm

Looks really nice to me. Sorry I cannot give a good critique as I cannot draw at all. I really like what you have done.

Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:05 am

Nice to see how strong your values are these days compared to when you first started posting here. I cannot critique this because I cannot see a thing I would improve. It's a beautiful study. Of course if you wanted to, you could now add overlay or colour layers in Gimp and add some colour but it is really not essential. This works!

Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:12 pm

@Pat625: Thank you for the kind words Pat, much appreciated :).

@Erisian: Thank you my friend. Yes I was working in black and white to practice values. I'm hoping to move onto colour more in 2018.

Here's some sketching in Gimp, a new start for a baby turtle for the start of a new year :) (critiques welcome as always):

Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:55 pm

Nice detail. Keep them coming!

Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:02 pm

artloader: I think you did a really good job of lifting out the important parts of the motif. That's something else that you've improved quickly on since the first things you posted on here - I'm actually a bit jealous of how well you're getting on :).

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:07 pm

@Erisian: Thanks mate, I almost chickened out of putting in the texture detail but I'm glad I didn't. It's always worth putting in the hard work I guess.

@AnMal: Thank you, I hadn't noticed my improvement but now that you mention it, nowadays I do pay more attention to focal points and where I want to draw attention to. Also, you needn't be jealous, your art is lovely and I hope you keep going with it :).

Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:46 pm

Artloader wrote:@Erisian: Thanks mate, I almost chickened out of putting in the texture detail but I'm glad I didn't. It's always worth putting in the hard work I guess.

Feel the fear and do it anyway! :)

Wed May 09, 2018 4:18 am

@Artloader Thanks for sharing your sketchbook. The candle lit barn and princess woman in red mech suit were my favorites. You did a good job with that bunny as well.

Keep sharing...

Vezun
https://www.twitch.tv/vezunvezun

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi everyone, long time no see :). I've been busy illustrating a book with for an author friend of mine.

@Erisian: You are right my friend - feel the fear and do it anyway :).

@Vezun: Thanks for the kind words :) yeah the princess was good fun to paint :). I love your Gimp Sketches art by the way, it has an other-worldly feel to it.

Here's a more recent one - an acrylic painting study of a character called The Crow, crits are most welcome - thanks in advance:

Post a reply