It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gimp Not Reading Drawing Pad Sensitivity
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:11 pm  (#1) 

GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Mac OS
OS Version: High Sierra
GIMP Experience: New User

Hello!

I am a new user to GIMP and have been using the program for about a week or two now. I bought a Huion Inspiroty H640P to use with the program and so far it works great. However, there is one problem that I can't quite figure out. I've already contact Huion about it but they have been no help.

Here's my dilemma: even though my Huion can draw in GIMP, the program is not reading the pressure sensitivity. I already checked the Input devices in GIMP and it does not read my tablet. I also checked the driver in my tablet and customized the pen pressure, but GIMP still does not read it. Like I said before, I can still draw in GIMP but the pen pressure is not customized in it. Is there anyone who would be able to help me out? Thanks!
~Dr3am5tep

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Not Reading Drawing Pad Sensitivity
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:41 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Gimp 2.6.11 treated tablets as mice if opened without the tablet - that is you had to use the pen to open Gimp, but I thought they had fixed this in 2.8. Maybe it's worth a try?

Post subject: Re: Gimp Not Reading Drawing Pad Sensitivity
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:05 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

At Edit -> Configure Input Device , make sure that for all the entries related to your tablet you have the "mode" set to Screen (as by default it's set to disabled and any pressure setting is ignored)

Then once every entries is set to "Screen" instead of "disabled", for each of the tablet entries, there are a list of settings, one of them is labelled "Pressure".
Select it and you'll be able to edit the Gimp pressure curve to what you need