It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gimp-2.7.3 Comments
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:14 pm  (#41) 
GimpChat Member

Hi,

A new build has been uploaded on my website (www.partha.com). It is based on git-master June 17, 2011

Right now,
1. I believe Single-window mode is working
2. SVG is working (Rod & Lyle) :)
3. You should be able use PS files (YMMV).
4. Plugins contain saturate and aumask (check them out in the Gimp registry).
5. G'MIC 1.4.9.4

As usual, portable Gimp includes the plugins, but if you want to install them other than your main Gimp directory, they are here.

If you have any questions or it does not work for you, please leave me a message here or my website. :)

Thanks,
Partha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:29 pm  (#42) 
GimpChat Member

Cool Partha; going to download this one now (hopefully I don't have to uninstall 2.7.3). :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:32 pm  (#43) 
GimpChat Member

lylejk wrote:
Cool Partha; going to download this one now (hopefully I don't have to uninstall 2.7.3). :)

Lyle,

You are better off doing that even though I have set the installer to overwrite all DLLs. You don't want to have "mysterious" failures. If you used a previous version then you can uninstall from the control panel. Of course, if you have put other plugins in the main Gimp directory ....

Thanks,
Partha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:55 pm  (#44) 
GimpChat Member

I didn't read your message and did the over write install. Still works great. SVG works too so now I'm going to try to exclusively use just 2.7.3 (going to miss GML matting though which requires PSPI since I've not found a 64-bit compile of it; Impressionist too though I can use Irfanview via Shellout to get that one to work). Thanks a heap Partha. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:58 pm  (#45) 
GimpChat Member

lylejk wrote:
I didn't read your message and did the over write install. Still works great. SVG works too so now I'm going to try to exclusively use just 2.7.3 (going to miss GML matting though which requires PSPI since I've not found a 64-bit compile of it; Impressionist too though I can use Irfanview via Shellout to get that one to work). Thanks a heap Partha. :)

Anytime. :)

Also, I put in all the DLLs necessary for simply dragging and dropping themes into your local user directory. So, Willy if you are watching this thread, can you give it a whirl?

Thanks again,
Partha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:10 pm  (#46) 
GimpChat Member

One other question. Have you tried to compile the Mathmap plugin for 64-bit GIMP? I just downloaded the latest Mathmap, but haven't installed it yet since I'm not 100% sure it will work for 64-bit GIMP or not. Just curious. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:49 pm  (#47) 
GimpChat Member

lylejk wrote:
One other question. Have you tried to compile the Mathmap plugin for 64-bit GIMP? I just downloaded the latest Mathmap, but haven't installed it yet since I'm not 100% sure it will work for 64-bit GIMP or not. Just curious. :)

I did try to build it. It's a bear and uses all kinds of stuff not available to me on a 64 bit system. :(

I gave up fighting with it preferring to get Gimp out first. I might try again someday when I have some time on my hands. Besides, I haven't seen any official versions released since 2009.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:57 pm  (#48) 
GimpChat Member

That's cool Parha; at least G'MIC works and that's pretty much the most important plugin plus SVG import is great. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:38 pm  (#49) 
GimpChat Member

partha wrote:
lylejk wrote:

Also, I put in all the DLLs necessary for simply dragging and dropping themes into your local user directory. So, Willy if you are watching this thread, can you give it a whirl?

Thanks again,
Partha

Works great!
I uninstalled GIMP 2.7.3 before version, and now I don't know where to put the stuff for G'MIC lol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:05 pm  (#50) 
GimpChat Member

Willy wrote:
partha wrote:
lylejk wrote:

Thanks again,
Partha

Works great!
I uninstalled GIMP 2.7.3 before version, and now I don't know where to put the stuff for G'MIC lol

Willy,

Simply download G'mic 1.4.9.4 from my website and install it. You will be fine. If you have some of your own plugins, well, put them in your local .gimp-2.7 directory.

Also, I have included most of the theme engines. So you should be able to simply download theme-files and install them locally in your .gimp-2.7/themes directory and change themes in Gimp. :)

Thanks,
Partha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:10 pm  (#51) 
GimpChat Member

Partha yep all good, I use Nodaka-Midnight and it doesn't seem to even require any excess DLLs :)

Partha mine got extracted by 7zip by default did I download the wrong thing?
and can I install in portable version?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:13 pm  (#52) 
GimpChat Member

Willy wrote:
Partha yep all good, I use Nodaka-Midnight and it doesn't seem to even require any excess DLLs :)

Partha mine got extracted by 7zip by default did I download the wrong thing?
and can I install in portable version?

That's right. You don't need any other DLLs. It's all included. So you are good to go. So, I think I have fulfilled my promise to you regarding themes for Gimp. :)

If you are using the portable version then go portable all the way. Otherwise, I would say, simply download the regular Gimp and you will be fine. Look under Regular Gimp on the website.

Thanks,
Partha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:58 am  (#53) 
GimpChat Member

Left a message at the Registry too, but will repeat here. I see the lqr dll file, but don't see the lqr plugin or see it in any of the drop menus. Could you point me to the actual compiled lqr plugin? Thanks. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:52 am  (#54) 
GimpChat Member

Partha you are sweet wonderfulness. :)
Thanks a bunch.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:09 am  (#55) 
GimpChat Member

Rod wrote:
Partha you are sweet wonderfulness. :)
Thanks a bunch.

You are welcome. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:02 am  (#56) 
GimpChat Member

lylejk wrote:
Left a message at the Registry too, but will repeat here. I see the lqr dll file, but don't see the lqr plugin or see it in any of the drop menus. Could you point me to the actual compiled lqr plugin? Thanks. :)

Hey Lyle,

Looks like I goofed. Can you delete the lqr DLL and then unzip the attached file and put the resulting files in the gimp plug-ins directory? Then restart Gimp and please let me know if you see (and can use) the Liquid Rescale plugin under the Layers menu.

Sorry about that.

Partha

Attachments:
File comment: Gimp 2.7.3 64 bit Liquid Rescale Plugin
liquid-64bit.7z [52.82 KiB]
Downloaded 118 times
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:31 am  (#57) 
GimpChat Member

Thank for liquid resize all the rest i downloaded yesterday night till now everything is fine !!

i would love last gmic at 64 bit (david is restless yesterday uploaded a new version )

Mrs Wilbress

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:35 am  (#58) 
GimpChat Member

PhotoComix wrote:
Thank for liquid resize all the rest i downloaded yesterday night till now everything is fine !!

i would love last gmic at 64 bit (david is restless yesterday uploaded a new version )

Hey PC,

Long time no hear. :)

Thanks for the confirmation. I got some feedback that the portable version was missing Python. Have you seen that in your setup?

I will see about G'MIC. Is it significantly different from 1.4.9.4?

Partha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:58 am  (#59) 
GimpChat Member

Yep no Python in Portable version Partha,

Can I have portable and regular installed at the same time?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:07 am  (#60) 
GimpChat Member

Willy wrote:
Yep no Python in Portable version Partha,

Can I have portable and regular installed at the same time?

Yes, you can Willy. You can put the portable one on a USB, and install the regular on your computer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next