It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Reviving Knotter
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:08 pm  (#41) 
GimpChat Member

Erisian wrote:
PixLab wrote:
Erisian wrote:
Can I install the dependencies using the usual sudo apt-get install command in terminal? (sorry, I'm a beginner in Linux)

Yes I suppose.
which dependencies are you missing? Why don't you try the appimage instead?

The appimage type is not supported on Chromebook. These are the dependencies.

[ Image ]

Seems to be just a short snippet of Linux on your VM, :roll:
Can you install wine? If so try it with wine and the .exe for windows, in this case try to install it directly from Chrome OS (I don't know if wine have a Chrome OS version)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:05 pm  (#42) 
GimpChat Member

Knott+Win10 wrote:
mbasagli wrote:
You can try this: https://gitlab.com/-/ide/project/mattba ... /master/-/

it shows an editor where you can add and edit files. then it should prompt you to create a merge request

ok.. if that is step 1. i get this.. ( see image )

at this point what is step 2?

OK. step 2. is click on "FORK" . TY Mattbas. I can create a group or subgroup. i think in respect it should be a subgroup with a path back to knotter? does that sound ok? if i were to give it a name it would be Knotter _Plugins_ Working_Code , ie plugins that work at least on version 9.6, using the standard three file addition. ? so... i reach step 3 Matt, and welcome your thoughts before creating it. The reason i think it should be a subgroup, is that though the code works for me in Win 10, i cant vouch for any other user.. such is the addition of first time code. ? so.. i think it should be a " child " attached to knotter, viewable by public users of knotter with gitlab access - just like i have, and the methods you have given so far.. which- as creator, are your own.. ive just cleverly reused info on knotter which was already visible to anyone with .js ability, using win 10 ui, and the variables and Visual Studio Code = i can access. so its a child of knotter... Matt if you want a specific path and names, now is the time before i try to create step 3. if we can manage this, then i can create a text of steps.. for those who want to add code,(that works) and a text of steps for those who want to use it. ? i.e i can give users star code version 1, others might use that and create star code version 2 etc etc.. i want to protect users from spam and code that does not do what knotter can use, ( it needs control )this mo, i am here. https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/group/s ... index.html

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:26 am  (#43) 
GimpChat Member

Knott+Win10 wrote:
OK. step 2. is click on "FORK" . TY Mattbas. I can create a group or subgroup. i think in respect it should be a subgroup with a path back to knotter? does that sound ok? if i were to give it a name it would be Knotter _Plugins_ Working_Code , ie plugins that work at least on version 9.6, using the standard three file addition. ? so... i reach step 3 Matt, and welcome your thoughts before creating it. The reason i think it should be a subgroup, is that though the code works for me in Win 10, i cant vouch for any other user.. such is the addition of first time code. ? so.. i think it should be a " child " attached to knotter, viewable by public users of knotter with gitlab access - just like i have, and the methods you have given so far.. which- as creator, are your own.. ive just cleverly reused info on knotter which was already visible to anyone with .js ability, using win 10 ui, and the variables and Visual Studio Code = i can access. so its a child of knotter... Matt if you want a specific path and names, now is the time before i try to create step 3. if we can manage this, then i can create a text of steps.. for those who want to add code,(that works) and a text of steps for those who want to use it. ? i.e i can give users star code version 1, others might use that and create star code version 2 etc etc.. i want to protect users from spam and code that does not do what knotter can use, ( it needs control )this mo, i am here. https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/group/s ... index.html

Any name is fine, just add a sub-directory under plugins and keep the name lower case and without spaces (you can use _ underscore) to keep it in line with the others.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:01 pm  (#44) 
GimpChat Member

mbasagli wrote:
Knott+Win10 wrote:

Any name is fine, just add a sub-directory under plugins and keep the name lower case and without spaces (you can use _ underscore) to keep it in line with the others.

i created a group and then a subgroup... having tried to go further than that.. its just all too complicated, :( so i deleted them... all i want to do is share what amounts to three very small files folks can use .. so... i am just going to share them here, as text, over the next few weeks.. circle first, then star anyone can then just copy and paste them into visual studio code and save them as the plugin files are.. in effect that is just much easier than trying to battle for hours so far to make the files available.. sorry knotter folks.. gitlab is just too complicated and not user friendly for me, ( and i am the one who wrote the files to share )