It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Here's my effort at getting free energy
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:23 pm  (#1) 
Script Coder

I was conversing with ChatGPT back and forth. and ChatGPT says it's not practical because in order to get surplus energy it's gotta be like deeper than 2000m
underwater. But in theory it's free energy because the deeper we go the more energy we can get out of it without adding more energy into the system because it doesn't take more energy to transfer electricity deeper.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Here's my effort at getting free energy
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:50 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

At 2000m you're are at 200bar of pressure, you won't have/see any bubble from your electrolysis... as they would be dissolved back in water instantaneously?
Or the amount of energy to make those O2/h2 bubbles would be very huge... Don't you think?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:01 pm  (#3) 
Script Coder

I don't know but when I asked ChatGPT it said that under high pressure it takes less electricity to create electrolysis.
Didn't think about gasses being dissolved back into water quicker though.
But it might still produce motion because the water that has gasses dissolved in it is now less dense than water around it so it might still create upward flow.

Last edited by trandoductin on Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:06 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

trandoductin wrote:
I don't know but when I asked ChatGPT it said that under high pressure it takes less electricity to create electrolysis.

Because you won't need for an hydrogen compressor.... thus less electricity to use
Written by human :mrgreen: > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-pres ... ectrolysis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:15 pm  (#5) 
Script Coder

about the gas dissolving it might work in our favor though I don't know since (for example like carbonated water is lighter than water).
Underwater tidal wave hehe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:22 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

trandoductin wrote:
about the gas dissolving it might work in our favor though I don't know since (for example like carbonated water is lighter than water).
Underwater tidal wave hehe

Not sure about it, I never looked at this, but water is "incompressible" nor its volume "should" increase if you add gas (maybe it increase when dissolved?), thus if you add dissolved gas in it, this water should be heavier IMO

EDIT, you seems to be right about volume per amount with dissolved gas :bigthup

Last edited by PixLab on Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:35 pm  (#7) 
Script Coder

yeah so if it's lighter it'll float up help create the movement. I don't know for sure but it seems like something is missing since we're taught that it's impossible to get more energy out of what you put in but in this case we're using the abundance of water at great depth so more is put in the system just not by our control just naturally around.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:54 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

trandoductin wrote:
yeah so if it's lighter it'll float up help create the movement.

In theory (my brain theory :mrgreen: ) yes it should float thus go up, but that all high pressure electrolysis it's way above my knowledge :oops:

trandoductin wrote:
I don't know for sure but it seems like something is missing since we're taught that it's impossible to get more energy out of what you put in but in this case we're using the abundance of water at great depth so more is put in the system just not by our control just naturally around.

Are you referring to "the conservation of energy" (first law of thermodynamics)?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:55 pm  (#9) 
Script Coder

yeah

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:57 pm  (#10) 
Script Coder

thermodynamics is great, but this is like extracting energy from the solar, it's free, just have to build the infrastructure.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:59 pm  (#11) 
Script Coder

I don't know either since all I remember was a grade 7 experiment where the teacher puts 2 wires under water with 2 test tubes and bubbles come out from wire and float up into the test tubes and then he lights the gasses and it makes a pop.
So I just thought hey the gases can be ignited and used for combustion but the gasses float up what if we could use that property floating to the top as our source of energy since it doesn't take more energy to transfer electricity deeper....
in this sense it's like a cheat code since making bubbles at great depth by pumping air would require more energy but through eletrolysis it doesn't.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:08 pm  (#12) 
Script Coder

The more I think about this the more I am convinced the the pyramid was some sort of power generator.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:39 pm  (#13) 
GimpChat Member

trandoductin wrote:
I don't know either since all I remember was a grade 7 experiment where the teacher puts 2 wires under water with 2 test tubes and bubbles come out from wire and float up into the test tubes and then he lights the gasses and it makes a pop.

Speaking about it I'll always recall, although it was in the 70s, that our teacher, which did the same experiment, but cannot find small test tubes, when she ignited the h2, it was not a "pop" but literally a "Boom" which shook the windows surprised every one > even the teacher as she did drop the test tube :rofl

trandoductin wrote:
The more I think about this the more I am convinced the the pyramid was some sort of power generator.

Please, no, don't fall on that path, please, not you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:23 am  (#14) 
Script Coder

Ok I won't fall on that path then hehe.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:34 am  (#15) 
GimpChat Member

trandoductin wrote:
So I just thought hey the gases can be ignited and used for combustion but the gasses float up what if we could use that property floating to the top as our source of energy since it doesn't take more energy to transfer electricity deeper....

At 200 bar I don't think there will be bubble because they will be dissolved in the water at that tremendous pressure (deep underwater)...
Or need higher amount of energy to make a lot bigger bubbles? No sure about it, though.

I don't really know the in and out of the electrolysis under such high pressure.
But assuming it's underwater in lake or ocean, my diver side just kicked in when you opened this topic, which makes me think that there won't be any bubbles at 200 bar under water(2000m/2km) as the gas will be almost instantaneously dissolved (unless using very high energy?), just because of the following laws. ;)

Boyle's law > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyle%27s_law , roughly if you put a balloon full of air on the surface, down to 10m deep (2 bar), its volume will be half, 20m deep (3 bar), its volume will be 1/3, and so on
Henry's law > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry%27s_law , roughly it's about gas dissolved in a volume of liquid which is directly proportional to the gas partial pressure

I could be wrong, though...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:14 am  (#16) 
GimpChat Member

PixLab wrote:
....snip.....

If it sounds like perpetual motion
and looks like perpetual motion,
congratulations, you have discovered perpetual motion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:24 am  (#17) 
GimpChat Member

rich2005 wrote:
PixLab wrote:
....snip.....

If it sounds like perpetual motion
and looks like perpetual motion,
congratulations, you have discovered perpetual motion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion

Ohhh, Thank you Rich :tyspin , I did not see that... way/coming :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:53 am  (#18) 
Script Coder

But this is not perpetual motion though, perpetual motion is in a closed system.
This uses abundance of water which is similar to solar that take from external environment.
Like a solar powered toy can move back and forth as long as the sun is shining isn't a perpetual motion machine by definition, even though it can move on forever.
This system takes water so it's like fire burning wood, where the wood is burned, in this sense water the material that feeds the system...but at deep water there's no shortage of water.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:16 pm  (#19) 
GimpChat Member

trandoductin wrote:
But this is not perpetual motion though, perpetual motion is in a closed system.
This uses abundance of water which is similar to solar that take from external environment.
Like a solar powered toy can move back and forth as long as the sun is shining isn't a perpetual motion machine by definition, even though it can move on forever.
This system takes water so it's like fire burning wood, where the wood is burned, in this sense water the material that feeds the system...but at deep water there's no shortage of water.

You're misunderstanding few things ;)
I'll try to decompose as simple as possible with a different POV

a) - Let say at 200 bar you get a 1 liter bubble in volume, thus it's 200 liters compressed gas at 200 bar in that 1 liter volume, pretend that you use 1 gigawatt to produce that bubble via electrolysis (it's a made up number, but it means it's a big amount of energy).
Why so much energy? because you will need to produce 200 liters of h2 or O2 in a fraction of a second to fill that 1 liter space at 200 bar

b) The max speed: of a BIG bubble going up is around 23-25 meters per minute big max (when you start you recreational diving journey, you learn to never ever go up faster than 18 m/minute in case of emergency, because that's the ascent speed of the tiniest bubbles surrounding you when you exhale thru your second stage)

c) Friction and loss of energy: A bubble going up is already losing energy (continuously expanding and breaking apart = loss of heat), but, that's not the most important, the most important is when the bubbles will hit the fan, at such a slow ascending speed the fans of a turbine (even made of carbon-carbon) won't move fast if it will move at all...
But it's getting even worse, if the fan moves, it will fight against the water's friction > so air friction against water friction... :hehe , that "turbine" will never ever produce the amount of energy that you already input in it to make that bubble at 2000 meter, not even 1% of the original amount of energy you did input (even if the turbine is at 10 meter deep it will always "fight" the friction against water).

Thus engineers use the force of water instead of fighting against it > by making a dam.
Or making wind turbines on land using wind in air to not fight against water.

:bigthup

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:19 am  (#20) 
GimpChat Member

trandoductin wrote:

IF you have a running water source ( with a current moving the water) , and a paddle wheel you have perpetual motion. And free energy. :bigthup