It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Cardinal interrupted
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:15 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I was just thumbing threw my photos and I ran across a picture of this guy. It was our first spring in Indy and we've (wife and I) had never experienced the amount of cardinals that are here. In NY you'll see one every once in a while.

This guy was feeding and I must have interrupted his flow and just the way his body was cocked to the side .. well .. it deserved a caption!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: A Cardinal interrupted
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

lol; we get a lot of cardinals (and other fowl) where I live too. Dad insists on feeding the birds and squirrels so I have to live with the poop on my car. lol

:)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

lylejk wrote:
lol; we get a lot of cardinals (and other fowl) where I live too. Dad insists on feeding the birds and squirrels so I have to live with the poop on my car. lol

:)

Bah! The squirrels! I've never encountered red squirrels either till here, only the grey ones. These red ones are on the bold side. I wish I had video of my wife and the red squirrel battling it out. She's trying to chase the squirrel from the evergreen bush in front of our patio and the squirrels like 'it's not gonna happen!'

Sorry to hear about them targeting your car! =(( I think they get their fill and fly back up into that huge oak that off to the right (you can't see it) and handle their business!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:01 pm  (#4) 
Global Moderator

Years ago, I set up an account on enature.com (not an endorsement) to keep track of the birds I see (sort of like an online journal). Your post reminded me that I need to start tracking my birds again. Love the cardinal pic. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:54 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

I love the birds that come into our yard...theres a couple of Lorikeets that OWN one small dwarf variety bottlebrush I have out the front...so funny..and they kick up a racket if we go anywhere near the bush. Its theirs!