It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: i finished it
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:42 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

i finished it not to happy how it turned out

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: i finished it
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:47 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

it's those little white lines around the bridge wood...are your layers of colors underneath the ink layer?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:09 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

i tried my best to take out those white lines around the bridge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:11 pm  (#4) 
Global Moderator

Your lighting is all over the place, It looks like the light is coming from the right according to the two trees. but your bridge railings don't say the same thing. The left railing looks like the light is coming from the left. On the closer railing there should be no light on the left side but you have it completely yellow, and it should just be hitting the tops of that one. I also think it should have more color depth.
Your pic has a very nice composition to it though

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:25 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

is this better

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:37 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

I do like that :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:37 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

Me too. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:47 pm  (#8) 
Global Moderator

It is better than it was.
Just remember that light has to come from the source, Sun, Lamps etc. So everything in its path should be lighter. In the case of round objects like the moon, a ball etc, the light can spill around the outside of the ball but with sharp edges like boards or side of a building, it doesn't do that so all the parts that aren't in the path of the light will be in the shade, or shaded from the light. I think the tops of your railings should be light like the boards in your walkway, also the side of the uprights that the sun is hitting. the left sides of your boards should be all darker like the edges of you walkway boards.This isn't a very good explanation but you could get ideas by looking at some images, photos's etc.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:00 pm  (#9) 
Global Moderator

It is better than it was.
Just remember that light has to come from the source, Sun, Lamps etc. So everything in its path should be lighter. In the case of round objects like the moon, a ball etc, the light can spill around the outside of the ball but with sharp edges like boards or side of a building, it doesn't do that so all the parts that aren't in the path of the light will be in the shade, or shaded from the light. I think the tops of your railings should be light like the boards in your walkway, also the side of the uprights that the sun is hitting. the left sides of your boards should be all darker like the edges of you walkway boards.This isn't a very good explanation but you could get ideas by looking at some images, photos's etc.

Take a look at shadows of the the people in this picture, you can tell by the direction of the shadow where the light is coming from. so on the bridge it is hitting the same way, the light parts are in direct target of the light and the darker parts have a different angle where the light doesn't hit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:05 am  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

I believe that just a slight blur (maybe between 1 or 2 px) on the line art layer will improve much
If you kept the lineart layer separated, if not that show a good reason to don't merge it down

Mrs Wilbress