It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Artwork
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:33 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

CnC?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: New Artwork
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:57 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

War man, the third one is pretty good, and the last one makes a good banner.
However many people here have tried to suggest tips for making images, the major one being size of the original drawing. Look at the first two images you posted, you can't even see the face, which is usually a major focal point in any drawing. Are you doing what people have said and finding large high res images than scaling them down? If you are still using thumbnails than you are always going to get what you see now, random artifacts and such that distort the image and cause a lack of quality issue.
The backgrounds are pretty impressive I have to admit and the foreground does not get lost, definitely an improvement from the last couple.
While I am trying to stress a point, I am not trying to sound like a jerk and such, but when some people offer advice to improve upon your skills, it is kinda unfair to them that you just don't even attempt it, not only that but it will almost always affect your work as well. We are all a community and we all help everyone if it's possible. Once again, I am not trying to sound like a jerk, so please don't take it that way.
-Z-

"In the face of adversity, there's three things: fly, freeze or fight; We're choosing to fight..."- Guy Boucher, Tampa Bay Lighting Head Coach

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:19 pm  (#3) 
Global Moderator

War Hero, I like the back ground in your first and second one. They are very nice. I still think your renders or foreground images are very dark and also very un-focused.
Are you using thumbs for images? Anyway, I can see that you are getting better each time, so keep it up.
I hope you don't mind critique's cuz that is the best way to learn. :paint

BTW, when you are posting your images, try leaving a space between each one so they don't run together as one.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:36 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

okay, thanks
and i will leave space next time
and i used a stock