It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beyond the Cosmic Egg
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:14 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I dreamed to be Escher, Escher just waking up from a strange dream
waking up to receive the visit of my good friend Nikolas with a unexpected birthday gift:
a brand new computer , a Babbage Ultimate and he even tell me that he found how to hack it to support the alpha of a new 3d fractal program he is developing

Now if was another i would have tough to a stupid joke, but i know Nikolas too well :
when young Tesla pretend to be able to hack something better don't bet against him

As you will know the Babbage computers are a bit heavy, the Nikolas Tesla hack seems to work well but require much effort , also much physical effort...luckily we had servants sufficiently robust to power the console !

details of one of the chips

Nikolas added even something he called "Screen":
a sort of magic lantern but better, with more vivid colors and more resolution .

At beginning all was really too slow but then Nikolas said something about "Ram" to add.

The Ram was a damned heavy thingy ...(as you may see below ) and was a pain make the connection hammering it into the slot
But was worth the effort... I was a bit skeptical , but i should admit that the 250 kg of added Ram really increased the performance

and so we had a lot of fun with the new program...

There was good wine , the servants were a bit too puffing when powering the computer, but our friend Igor S. knew well how merge smoothly and nicely their puffing with his music
Also Igor was very happy, he had a idea of something i didn't understand too well and he went on talking about "synchronizing the soundtrack" and of a future of "ambient and industrial music with multimedia show" whatever could means

But we were all starting to be a bit too drunk ,... i have no a clear memory of the rest of the night, only of me and Nikolas going on and on to play doing more and more "3D renders" ...whatever are the "renders" ( Nikolas tried to explain what "renders" are but went over my head ; anyway whatever they are they looks really nice,with strange but intriguing prospectives )

And so we went on and on creating strange worlds and prospectives till i felt asleep

Luckily when i woke up i was not Escher, and Nikolas T. and Igor S. also vanished with the dream

After the breakfast when i switched my computer on i had another nice surprise, a lot of new 3D renders that i did not remember to have done ,all curiously similar to those i dreamed ... what a coincidence !

oh weird this look similar !

oh this too looks somehow similar...i wonder why...

if i remember well the start was

PS in my dream Tesla told me that we were "tweaking" :
http://photocomix2.deviantart.com/favou ... 2#/d576ivk

PS to PS

i may have forgotten a few

Mrs Wilbress

Last edited by PhotoComix on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Beyond the Cosmic Egg
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:57 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

HAHAH! Great story board PC! :)

I have always loved your short fictitious tales.
And just as well as your story your art work is splendid to view also.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:22 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Like the backdrop of the Differential Engine PC. Anyway, watched and episode of "Through the Wormhole" where they mentioned a theory that the whole Universe is alive and that we where born of black hole from another universe and all the black holes in our universe are eggs that hatched to create other universes. Thought the concept was interesting and even inferred this in my spiel at GIMPTalk a few years back (several entries into it after intial post) so I guess I'm not as clever as I thought I was. lol

Nice render too. :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:34 pm  (#4) 
Global Moderator

Great stuff, PC :)

Nikolas Tesla is one of my heroes. I've read many books and articles about his life. He's was a true genius. Here's a fun take on some of his accomplishments that people may not know.
(PG) http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla

Spirit Bear (Kermode)