It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Gimp Chat page has changed---How do I get it back to normal?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:58 am  (#1) 
Global Moderator

I was looking for the board to see the banners and my page turned into something I don't want. When I am in my main page it is the same, not just in Gimp chat. Can someone please help me get back to the default profile? thanks
:oops: :roll:

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: My Gimp Chat page has changed---How do I get it back to normal?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:46 am  (#2) 
Script Coder

I was going to be helpful here (It looks like you've set to use a mobile style for the board) . I looked through the banner challenge thread to find where GnuTux said how to change the board style: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4742&start=100#p63173

BUT the option to select the board style is NOT THERE :( So I think you need GnuTux to fix it (I suspect it's got broken by the changes to incorporate the rotating banner)

Kevin

Post subject: Re: My Gimp Chat page has changed---How do I get it back to normal?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:57 am  (#3) 
Global Moderator

Thank you Kevin, It is also messed up in my home page so it has nothing to do with Gimp Chat. I have no idea how to change it back to the default look.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:00 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

I don't run your browser, but your looking for a setting to do with 'page styles'.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:01 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

First thing I would check is the view style, although you should have seen the forum banner.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:06 am  (#6) 
Global Moderator

I have tried both basic style and no style, remains the same

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:14 am  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

Reinstall Firefox.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:18 am  (#8) 
Global Moderator

Thanks Mike, might have to do that. I am using Fedora so I will look into it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:21 am  (#9) 
Script Coder

I see you have a toolbar on Firefox that I don't recognize, but it does appear to have a "Clear Cache" button - have you tried that?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:22 am  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

before you reinstall, you might have enabled ad-block
Look in tools -> add-ons and if ad-block is there disable it and see if that makes a difference.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:24 am  (#11) 
Global Moderator

Tried that and it is still the same.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:31 am  (#12) 
Script Coder

The banner image I can make disappear by turning javascript off, but the rest of the formatting is still there. - puzzled

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:54 am  (#13) 
Global Moderator

I came over to Windows and everything is fine here but I expected it to be because this is a separate hard drive. So whatever I did in my Fedora FF has got me completely baffled too Kevin.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:10 am  (#14) 
GimpChat Member

I have had exactly the same problem with Google mail for a long time. Good job I don't use it anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:12 am  (#15) 
Global Moderator

problem is that I don't use google mail. It has to be something simple, but it is just the hard task is at finding it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:31 am  (#16) 
Global Moderator

Another thing that is missing is under my board preferences, "My board style is not there. It was there up until yesterday. How can that disappear too? :hoh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:44 am  (#17) 
Script Coder

molly wrote:
Another thing that is missing is under my board preferences, "My board style is not there. It was there up until yesterday. How can that disappear too? :hoh

I refer you back to post number 2 in this very thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5255#p65856 ;)

Kevin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:59 am  (#18) 
Global Moderator

Oops sorry Kev. I did see that. So it is just not mine then, that is a positive, lol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:16 am  (#19) 
GimpChat Member

Is it like that on any webpage or just this one, I use firefox and sometimes it has happened to me, mosst recently with facebook.

I just cleared all the browsing history, by going tools>clear history, closed firefox and reopened and it was fine.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:27 am  (#20) 
Global Moderator

Thanks he4rty, but tried that and it didn't work. I even rebooted my pc.