It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The near future
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:52 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Due to the abuse I grew up with from my mom and stepdad, by necessity I grew up tough. I've been through 8 strokes, arthritis, diabetes, severe depression, shot, stabbed, flipped cars end over end 4 times, rolled one 3 times, been through 2 divorces, a death of a child, and survived it all. Not much affects me except when things hurt my wife or my kids.
I'm really concerned about my wife right now. Recently she's started to tremor really badly, so badly that she can't function. MRIs, CAT scans, Xrays etc have been done and tumors, strokes, Parkinsons, MS, and blood clots have been ruled out so we know there is nothing wrong with her brain but the problem is getting worse. Toward the end of the day she can barely talk, it's a lot like my worst stroke but it's not a stroke. Our doctor has been out of the country for the last two weeks and she won't go to one of his partners. He's back and we have an appt this afternoon, hopefully we can at least find out what's going on.
All sorts of things have been suggested to us from nurses at church, of which there are several, from minor to life threatening. She's really scared and I'm a nervous wreck but covering well in public. I feel like throwing up and haven't eaten for 2 days.
I come here to relax and have fun; I know this isn't what anybody wants to read since everyone else comes here to relax too. None of you know me, none of you know my wife and there really isn't a valid reason to post this, I just felt the need to. I'm sorry to sound whiny.

Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: The near future
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:06 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

gms9810: i hope it gets easier for you to bear when you share it with the rest of us! you and your wife will be in my prayers. i don't know if you remember, but shortly after i joined gimp chat my father fell ill (and for a while the doctors suspected a really evil form of cancer). i just wanted to cry out and feel someone listened and almost the entire gimp chat crowd took the time to show their sympathy, i remember you did too. hope you will feel as supported as i felt then!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:16 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Hearts out to you GMS. Hope your wife's condition can be figured out and soon. Other then Parkinsons or possibly an interacton with medication, I have no idea what this could be but definitely sounds like something's affecting her serotonin levels. :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:06 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Thanks, to both of you. Our doctor has her set to see a neurologist, he thinks it's something 'transient'.

Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:19 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

It could be some kind of nerve problem...and a neurologist can ferret it out (no pun intended). My hubs woke up one morning and had lost the use of half of his hand. Neurologist finally decided it was ulnar nerve damage caused by spinal stenosis...did spinal laminectomy (actually pretty easy recovery) and after 6 mos. the improvement started. After several years he finally does have over half of the use back. Strange things can happen to us....I do hope it turns out easy to diagnose and easy to fix. Not knowing is sometimes the worst part of the whole deal. Sending positivity to you and yours!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:59 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

can she be having an allergic reaction to something??

has something new entered the neighborhood?

well, whatever it is I hope it's discovered quickly and a solution is found