It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to remove a blurred foreground object?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:40 pm  (#1) 

Hi all, my name is JR, new member on here and I have a bit of a dilemma. I can't for the life of me figure out how to possibly remove a blurry foreground object from this photo. If anyone could please help or let me know the proper technique, it would be greatly appreciated. I took the photo at a recent concert for Hollywood Undead and just want to know if it was salvageable.

Attachments:
IMG_7762.JPG
IMG_7762.JPG [ 4.28 MiB | Viewed 2215 times ]
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: How to remove a blurred foreground object?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:19 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

There is a variety of ways to do that. Describing it here would be as tedious as removing BG itself.
I'm pretty sure there is a bunch of tutorials on that. Check out Youtube, please .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:00 am  (#3) 
Script Coder

JRPhotosWI wrote:
Hi all, my name is JR, new member on here and I have a bit of a dilemma. I can't for the life of me figure out how to possibly remove a blurry foreground object from this photo. If anyone could please help or let me know the proper technique, it would be greatly appreciated. I took the photo at a recent concert for Hollywood Undead and just want to know if it was salvageable.

Realistically, no... That out-of-focus hand right in front of your subject cannot be removed without damaging the subject itself in some way.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:36 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

The only thing I can think of is cloning parts of the singer and his microphone over the blur using the clone tool.