It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A bug? (solved)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:01 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

GIMP Version: 2.8.2
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: 7
GIMP Experience: Intermediate Level

I'm working on a project for which I use a lot of vector templates converted to bitmap like the image below

I need to use the colors from those images' color maps.

What I do:
1. in Colors>Info>Colorcube analysis check the number of unique colors (23 for this image)
2. Convert image to indexed (gimp creates colormaps only for indexed images) and do Colorcube analysis
again, it shows me the same 23 unique colors.
3. Now in palette window I can see a new palette with the colors from my image. So far so good.

4. As soon as I close indexed image the palette is gone.
5. Next logical step would be to save palette to gimp folder and hit Resfesh button
and that's where I run into problem.

I seem to be unable to do that. Clicking on Save button does not save it to neither of the palettes folders.
Using palette menu shows me export options only with txt, css, java, etc. extensions.

It must be a 2.8.2 bug or something because no such issues with gimp 2.8 on my laptop.

Is there any other way to save palettes from image in GIMP?
Is anyone else having the same issue?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I know how to create palettes from images using other software, I just want my GIMP do the job.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: A bug? (solved)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:40 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

need to Duplicate target palette in Palette Editor menu before you are going to be able to save it, pretty much the same behavior as with brush dynamics.

since I got this figured out on my own, i'm self-promoting myself to advanced users level :mrgreen:

Strangely enough, in 2.8.0 no duplicating was needed