It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More Help lol.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:10 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

GIMP Version: 2.8.1
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: XP - SP3
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level

Right. Being New to GIMP most things are confusing for me, ive tried to figure out how to take things off other images but cant see to work, as some of you know i need a logo and alc has helped me out alot but i cant seem the get the whole circle off to put it on to a new page and grab the singing guy either.. so how do i do this

Yes i know im a noob
:(

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: More Help lol.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:03 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

moorhouse: don't worry, everyone is a noob when they start :).
if you downloaded the images with the circle backgrounds you have a problem. these images were png:s and in one layer. you will need the xcf files, with all the layers. but i suggest you download alc59s first file, where the background is rectangular and work on that until alc59 uploads an xcf for you, it's a very well structured xcf file and it will be good practice if nothing else! you will find that the jumping figure and musical notes are on the same layer, so if you want to make changes in colour or size on those it will be easy. you can also take away the rectangular background or turn of visibility on that layer and add a temporary circle if you want to play with the layout.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:39 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Here's the xcf

Attachments:
outofthebox2.xcf [2.24 MiB]
Downloaded 66 times
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:06 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Thank you, will give it a go also. but if anyone can help me on he other thread i will love you forever

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:10 pm  (#5) 
Global Moderator

moorhouse wrote:
Thank you, will give it a go also. but if anyone can help me on he other thread i will love you forever
It appears you could use some basic knowledge on using Gimp. I think you would benefit yourself by having a look at the Essential GIMP Tutorials or Gimp Chat Tutorial Index. It is easier to help someone with specific issues. I think it would be better to see some of your efforts or questions from your hands on experience, rather than just saying what you want.

Spirit Bear (Kermode)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:30 pm  (#6) 
Global Moderator

I agree.
Moorehouse you will learn how to use Gimp a lot faster if you start your project, then ask for help if you are stuck. It is pretty hard for us to know exactly what you want. We have tons of tutorials to get you started.
Just post your project and tell us where you are having problems and one of us will try to help you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:31 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

Here's another xcf to play with

Attachments:
ootb.xcf [1.89 MiB]
Downloaded 66 times
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:52 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

Oh my god alc you are a life saver and it looks like you've done my logo I'm on my iPad at, so when on plc I will show you my attempt. I appreciate everything you've done for me and I'm going to stay on here because your all such a nice bunch of guys/girls :). I'm just going to run this past the founder and it looks like it'll go ahead. Thank you so much.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:56 pm  (#9) 
Global Moderator

Hope you get the royalties alc! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:01 pm  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

If the founder is happy with it. If you give me your full name I can put you on the website as a thank you. ,if you live in England maybe free tickets to our show and on our program maybe ill show you gimpchat.com on the program for free.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:36 pm  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

I really think this would be a prefect project for you to learn gimp, not much to it at all
Do a free image search for a box and add some text, the music/dancer is just a font you can install for free from dafont