It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: beckys card
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:41 pm  (#21) 
GimpChat Member

Looks nice! I like the effect on the text.. Can I ask what kind of printer you have since you mentioned printing them yourself...? Is the quality good? Because I have an old Epson printer and the quality is not so good :/ Maybe I have to get better paper? Theres some really cheap ones on Amazon like this one Ive done some postcards and was also thinking of maybe printing with one of these online services like print24 but sure if I should just buy a new printer.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:06 am  (#22) 
Global Moderator

Glad they liked them. Means all your work wasn't in vain. Looks like you have another challenge?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:01 am  (#23) 
GimpChat Member

dimm: thank you :)! i'm sorry, but i don't think i can give you very much advice on printers. i printed these out at my parent's house, my father has a printer he bought especially to be able to print out simple postcards and leaflets and stuff for church, and i used that one, but i don't even think of stuff like brand names or models. i've learned how important paper is, though. you will need good paper for any good quality print and you will need the right kind of paper for your type of print - that's as far as my knowledge stretches, i'm afraid.
sallyanne: no, i don't think i could enlarge that picture much more and i told becky so. but i'm glad she liked the picture enough to want it on her wall!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:02 am  (#24) 
GimpChat Member

I make birthday greetings for my friends as well using GIMP.