It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Is anyone else getting this error when...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:12 am  (#21) 
GimpChat Member

Well I tried just replacing the files for 64-bit but too many errors popped up on GIMP launch and it also made GIMP unuseable (though GIMP was up, I couldn't open an image anymore). I replaced the files and all is fine, so, I guess I'll have to wait until the next major update or play around with some of the beta builds. Oh well. At least you were able to repair the issue Onkel. Kudos to you. :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:39 am  (#22) 
GimpChat Member

@lylejk Try replace only libgimpui-2.0-0.dll,nothing more.For me, the problem was solved in windows.
Thanks for the fixes Onkel.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:02 am  (#23) 
GimpChat Member

Thanks a heap Pogo; that fixed the gradient issue and no crashes for 64-bit GIMP. Again, definitely much appreciated Onkel. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:48 pm  (#24) 
GimpChat Member

Onkel Hatti wrote:
The error is fixed.
For those, who cannot wait...

just to let you know and may be a warning for others, after I replaced dll.files in bin folder and replaced sample-colorize plugin in lib/gimp/2.0/plugins folder, with provided files from 64-bit folder, I have these warnings during GIMP start-up
Attachment:
error#1.jpg
error#1.jpg [ 41.88 KiB | Viewed 1600 times ]
Attachment:
error#2.jpg
error#2.jpg [ 41 KiB | Viewed 1600 times ]

Attachment:
erro#3.jpg
erro#3.jpg [ 40.03 KiB | Viewed 1600 times ]

GIMP launches, but all script-fu filters are missing.
But that's not all, GIMP now can't load images, only XCF files.

Win 7 64-bit, GIMP 2.8.4 (the official build)

This patch may be good for a customized build but messes up the entire internal state of an official built (at least on my system it does and I don't change anything in GIMP libraries and such)

Any idea how to fix that now?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:35 pm  (#25) 
GimpChat Member

Yes, you are right, although I don't know, what file-jpeg has to do with that function. And of course it is not there.
So there are two possible solutions:

1. Install the unofficial customized build.
2. revert the dll/exe and than you have to wait for the next official build.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:25 pm  (#26) 
GimpChat Member

Onkel Hatti wrote:
Yes, you are right, although I don't know, what file-jpeg has to do with that function. And of course it is not there.
So there are two possible solutions:

1. Install the unofficial customized build.
2. revert the dll/exe and than you have to wait for the next official build.

file-jpeg load/save error is just to show that the problem is deeper than just a few error messages during gimp start-up. Gimp is not loading or saving any file formats other than XCF, thus, the incompatibility of the patch makes the official build pretty much unusable with it.
Since the possibility of this scenario had not been mentioned, I made a post warning other users.
I reversed the changes, of course.
I don't like custom builds, if I'm ever gonna have one I'll build it from git myself.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:33 am  (#27) 
GimpChat Member

no, the problem is not that deep. The libgimp is incompatible. The shown error is a lack of a a function from the rggjan matting tool, that i added to gimp in my custom build. What I was wondering was that this affects plugins also. File loading/saving in gimp is done by plugins except xcf, because it is the native format. Have you tried, just to change the libgimpui.dll, and leave the original libgimp.dll alone?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:32 am  (#28) 
GimpChat Member

Onkel Hatti wrote:
no, the problem is not that deep. The libgimp is incompatible. The shown error is a lack of a a function from the rggjan matting tool, that i added to gimp in my custom build. What I was wondering was that this affects plugins also. File loading/saving in gimp is done by plugins except xcf, because it is the native format. Have you tried, just to change the libgimpui.dll, and leave the original libgimp.dll alone?

No, I haven't tried swapping just libgimpui file, may give it a try later. I sensed that something went wrong when gimp issued a warning for missing transform (matting) tool on the very first start-up. Since it's not a part of an official build, and libgimpui was looking for it, I figured that it was not going to work out well. But when all file-handling plugins went on strike I was sort of surprised.

Rggjan's fork must be somewhat different from the official version and I wonder if you've built yours from the git or based on that fork?
Just wondering if it's worth a trouble if I decided to go ahead and build gimp just to get the matting tool, or should I wait another 6-12 months for the release of 2.10 with mainstream Unified transform tool?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:26 pm  (#29) 
GimpChat Member

I build my unofficial build from the newest git source.
In a weekend of whatsoever :mrgreen: I ported the rggjan extension from his fork to the gimp git source and
made a diff file out of the changes, so I can get the newest git source and apply the diff-patch and voila: the matting tool is there. I do this for all of my changes so I can always apply it to the newest source.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:37 pm  (#30) 
GimpChat Member

K1TesseraEna wrote:
Onkel Hatti wrote:

No, I haven't tried swapping just libgimpui file, may give it a try later. I sensed that something went wrong when gimp issued a warning for missing transform (matting) tool on the very first start-up. Since it's not a part of an official build, and libgimpui was looking for it, I figured that it was not going to work out well. But when all file-handling plugins went on strike I was sort of surprised.

Rggjan's fork must be somewhat different from the official version and I wonder if you've built yours from the git or based on that fork?

Just wondering if it's worth a trouble if I decided to go ahead and build gimp just to get the matting tool, or should I wait another 6-12 months for the release of 2.10 with mainstream Unified transform tool?

Same exact errors as you K1Te if I replaced all 3 files and GIMP became unuseable. If you just replace the one file mentioned, all is well. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:24 pm  (#31) 
GimpChat Member

lylejk wrote:
Same exact errors as you K1Te if I replaced all 3 files and GIMP became unuseable. If you just replace the one file mentioned, all is well. :)

OK, Lyle. Thanks for the heads up! I'll do it then!